Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/141/135
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Still learning about this WOE

It's interesting to see the weight come off, and then look at Fitday and realize that consistently the calorie intake is higher than anyone would think it should be given traditional dieting theory. For me, this is sure the way to go. Only problem, learning to vary the foods on Induction and not get bored! To that end I have been reading thru the recipes in this site. What a marvelous resource! So I am happy, metal-mouth and all..losing those pounds, and the poochy stomach and "hip rolls" ( love handles). This weekend the big kid moved out, complete with the family dog ( my choice) and it is very quiet here. But the bonus..no more dog hair in my house, no more poo in the yard which makes DH crazy...and the house is a bit barer. Amazing the stuff which a kid who is high-tech oriented can add to the family home! I'll miss the kid, but already he came home for a meal & I am happy for his success. Thanks to those who wrote who also remember the empty-nest feelings. I am an emotional eater..as are most of us, given to grazing when there is nothing better to do...but no more! have a great week!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 21:51

Plan: Atkins, KISS, BFL
Stats: 205/153/154 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi Emptynestr,

Glad to hear you're doing so well. I sent my youngest off to college this year and the house is quiet. Still have the dogs though!! Wouldn't give them up.

It is easier to change your eating style with no children in the house. My son came for a visit and couldn't believe the stuff we were eating. I don't think it counted as 'home cooking'

Amy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 19:00

Plan: shangri-la/lowcarb
Stats: 185/173/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Dear Emptynester,
Oh how I remember the different phases that a person has to go through when the last offspring leaves the nest. You sound like you are doing fine there are bound to be those little echo's in the house. Take Care, Pat S
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 20:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%

Wow was that ever alot of yrs ago when last moved out-then I moved to Vancouver and my son decided Vanc would be a cool place to live he landed on my doorstep and even though he was working he wasn't in a hurry to move out. I ended up loaning him damage deposit and first months rent to get my peace and quiet, sanity and computer back to myself. I love my kids but I love being able to do my own things- call me selfish but I waited alot of years for this quiet time.
Jan P