Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default and yet again...... re: bigjonc and G bypass

I responded to his post about gastric bypass. I have very mixed feelings about it! I mentioned in my post that these type of surgeries have saturated the news. Well low and behold there is another article in my local paper this time gastric banding. Heres the link if any of you are interested in reading it. I don't plan to as I have issues about this type of thing. But as I've stated in my other posts on this subject I think too much emphasis is being placed on these mechanical ways too weight loss. Folks who do it the old fashion way aren't news worthy (cause it takes us too long!) Have a good day. Ellen

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/5364022htm

**the screen will be black go to top left and click on The inquirer home page. If that doesn't work try www.ohio.com click on Beacon Journal then scroll down you see it listed as an article**

Last edited by geel : Tue, Mar-11-03 at 07:32.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 07:45
Registered Member

Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%

it doesn't appear that my edit took on my computer so if that's the case I'll re-enter it here. The link will have a black screen go to top left corner and click on The inquirer home page and go to gastric banding. Or try www.ohio.com and click on Beacon Journal and you'll see it there.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 09:08

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking

Gastric Banding is actually what Ozzy's wife Sharon had done.

You ARE correct about the news worthy people!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 20:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Default very interesting..

I think it's interesting that all of the eating problems that the person in the article had could of been solved by going on atkins. Just a thought.

Jon
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 21:16

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
For Mohler, a typical breakfast is a protein bar. For lunch, she'll have a salad with cottage cheese, mozzarella, fish and diet dressing, along with half a container of yogurt. For dinner, soup and fruit. No pizza, no junk food.

She had to have surgery to eat low carb? How about skipping the surgery and just eating low carb. It'll save a lot of money and recovery time, too.

Quote:
Before surgery, I could probably eat 24 hours a day,'' said McKinley, an emergency room technician from Liberty. ``I could never feel full. So I would eat and a half hour later I'd be starving to death again.

What really struck me about the article is the comments about being hungry all the time...even a short time after eating. Classic insulin-resistance symptoms which just cutting the carbs would have controlled or even eliminated altogether.

I'm glad that this worked for these ladies and that they are having good outcomes, but I still think that surgical solutions to weight loss are really being pushed right now; it's becoming big business and a big money maker for the bariatric doctors and centers.