Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 16:18

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Smile Introduction

Hello, my name is jeanyyy and I'm a carboholic!

I started Atkins Induction on Monday and as of Thursday morning, I am down 9 pounds!!!!!!!! I am so thrilled Yes, I know most of it is water, but still enjoy the rush. Last night (Wed), I tested with Ketostix for the first time and it turned a deep rose/mauve. I wish I knew the real name of that colour, cos I'd like to paint my bedroom with it LOL

Anyway, I've been reading posts in the Forum for a week or so and thought it was about time I said "hello".

I am a 53 yo woman living near Vancouver, BC with my 3 cats. I have a boyfriend who lives in Seattle and who comes up every other week usually. I am hoping he will be able to bring me some of the LC foods I see discussed that aren't available here.

I don't know how to put info beside my name in this forum - can someone help me with that? Or point to towards the info?

Thanks a lot!

Jean
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 17:09
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Jean, welcome! To put in more info about yourself, click the 'profile' link at the top of the page (below the orange tool bar.) Then, click 'edit profile' and 'edit options' to change things. HTH.

It's good that you're in ketosis, but remember that a really dark colour on those sticks often means you're not drinking enough water. Be sure to drink plenty.

You're lucky that you have access to low-carb products not available in Canada - I'd love to try those low carb tortillas.

Anway, best of luck!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 20:14
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hey Jean, just wanted to stop by and say Hi Congrats on the 9 pounds, your on your way with much more to come. There are a ton of places to visit here and I hope you see them all. The recipes section has some really good recipes in it.

I hope you continued success with your new WOE and good luck with your LC journey.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 01:31
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Hi Jean, I'm from Vancouver, too. I also just started Induction (last Saturday) and am down 9 pounds too. Motivating isn't it?

Such a quick loss, even if most of it is water, is doing a lot to keep my cravings at bay. I feel upbeat -- obviously you do, too.

Have you had any problem with side effects? I had headaches the first day, but since then I've felt great.

Good luck reaching your target! I'm sure you'll be successful.

k.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 09:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Post Hi Jeanyyy

Glad to know that you are finally taking control over something in your life and that is something we should all do when it comes to our health.

We have been taught the wrong way of eating all these years and could never figure out why we stayed hungry. Well, we lowcarbers are letting the American Diabetic Association know that we won't stand for it another minute. We are doing our own thing and succeeding in great bounds.

Nine pounds is nothing to sneeze at and you should be very proud of yourself. I hope you took your measurements so as you go down this lowcarb journey that you can update us with pictures to show the ever changing you.

Advice: Don't get hung up on the scale thing, as this is a FAT LOSS diet --- not so much a WEIGHT LOSS diet. But do use your tape measurer as often as you like, because with this way of eating the fat is surely going to melt.

Have a great lowcarb day and continued success in your journey with everyone here at the sight.

Quote:
You are one step closer to goal than you was yesterday...