Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 08:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/175/155
BF:
Progress: 43%
Angry Had Beer, how long to get back??

Hi, I was on induction for about 8 days, felt great but then went to a wedding. Did not eat any carbs, did not cheat that way but had a few beers. I am back on induction now so I guess I am kinda starting over but I wanted to know how long till I get back to where I was??

Thanks

Sherriff
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 08:22

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I have read that it takes about 2.5 days to use up all the glycogen in muscles and liver before the body goes looking for stored fat to use for fuel. So it might take that long to get back into ketosis.

I have found that when I eat high carb stuff (carbage ) it may take me a week to lose the few pounds that I put on. Some of that is water because each carb gram makes your body hold at least 4 grams of water. Which is why any carbage excursion makes the pounds jump back on.

The more and the longer you can stick to the plan, especially at first, the less likely you are to regain. Some people think that we each have one 'golden shot' at losing all the weight to the goal. And if we mess that one up, the road is going to be a lot longer and a lot slower.

One Golden Shot

#3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 12:39
Registered Member

Stats: 245/207/195 Male 5'11"
BF:33/26/21
Progress: 76%

I agree with Tofi. It usually take me about 3 days to get back to the weight I was before I went out. I said at the beginning of this diet that I wouldnt give up drinking but the more 3 day strings that I waste makes me want to give it up until I reach my goal.

Good Luck
Jeff
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:29
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Tofi...didn't know that about the glycogen and muscles...2.5 days, huh? Guess that works for wine too, eh?