Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 15:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/235/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Smile Hi, I'm new to the Forum

I've been doing Atkins for about a little more than 4 weeks. I lost 18 pounds during the first 3 weeks, but for the last 10 days I've hit a stand still. I bought an exercise bike and some weights and hope that will get my metabolism going again. Anybody else have a similar situation?

Also, I have some keto stix that my mom gave me about a year ago. I've been keeping them in a zip-lock bag. I was wondering if they expire or are affected by light. When I tried Atkins a year ago, they turned almost as soon as I layed of the carbs, but this time they still haven't turned.

Anybody?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 16:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Post Hello

Welcome to this WOL! First of all your lost is great! I only lost 9 lbs the first two weeks and was so happy! And it is common to go in spurts.. Lost 5lbs here.. none there. Your body is catching up after a fast loss. I've been doing this 12 weeks and only lost 17lbs. So your 18 loss in 3 weeks is something to jump for joy for! I am not sure but I think those ketostix to expire. I'd buy some new ones and see if that makes a difference. I used to use them,but have not for a few mos. I've been stalled for over a month ,but I have cheated this month too! Well best wishes to you and congratulations on your 18lbs!