Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 14:35
Registered Member

Plan: General Low-carb
Stats: 146/120/110 Female 5'2"
BF:36%/24%/20%
Progress: 72%
Unhappy BBQ ribs...

My DH and I went to Sonny's BBQ for lunch today. I have been eating roughly 20-30carb per/day for the last two weeks or so, in an effort to lose post-pregnancy weight (it's working great, BTW). Anyway, I got a half rack of baby-back ribs, a chicken breast (the chicken isn't cooked w/sauce), and a salad (about a cup of lettuce, onion, egg, green pepper, about 2 tbs of blue-cheese dressing). I knew the ribs had BBQ sauce on them, but I didn't add any to them and figured it would be fine...2 tbs of their sauce has 16 carbs, so I figured it was probably about 20 carbs for the ribs (their half-rack is really small). Anyway, after we ate I started to feel weird, like my whole body was "buzzing" or something. Then, about 1/2 an hour later, I got so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open and fell asleep in the living room. I have been feeling so great on this plan, with a lot of energy. I couldn't believe how tired I was! And now, I have such carb cravings (also unusual) that I ate TWO of my low-carb chocolate doughnuts (3 carb/per). What is the deal? Was it the sugar in the BBQ sauce that caused this type of reaction? And if it was, what is like for someone who's been eating low-carb to REALLY go off the diet, like drink a soda or eat a piece of cake?! After today, I am even more positive that this is the plan for me! I don't want to feel like that again!

Last edited by Sydney1030 : Thu, Jan-23-03 at 14:37.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 15:44
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Quote:
what is like for someone who's been eating low-carb to REALLY go off the diet, like drink a soda or eat a piece of cake?!
What do you think KEEPS us on this diet?! We never want to feel like THAT again!!! YUK!!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 17:05

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Yup, that's what happens! I really went off the diet for one day. I was in agony the next few days trying to get it out of my system. Yuck, yuck, and YUCK.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 20:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

I ate a half-piece of birthday cake two weeks ago, my first sugar food since beginning low-carbing in March of last year. The people who were watching me said my face got really red, I felt really hot all over, and started feeling woozy. I stopped as soon as this began, but still felt like I didn't want to do that again any time soon. Plus, I (supposedly) acted drunk for about two hours afterwards. I guess I'm a cheap drunk, but even cheaper now that I don't want to eat cake, either.

#5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 20:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 219/205/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Post hi

I fell off the wagon christmas eve and christmas day. I ate bread and pie.. and tons of everything! It took me a WEEK after that to get back in ketosis! And I was so sick! I felt horrible for that week . My stomach bothered me and my body ached all over like I had the flu! I know I have to be prepared to feel crappy if I screw up again.