Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 00:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 66/66/56
BF:23%/23%/18%
Progress: 0%
Unhappy If at first you dont succeed, try, try, try again!!!

Hello again

I started Atkins on 6th January and would be coming out of induction.......if all went well.
I lost 1 pound!!!! I followed so strictly and got loads of info from the forum. I dont know how I only lost 1lb and know I was in Ketosis as I used the stix as a confidence booster for myself. My clothes felt slightly looser, but nothing to write home about or noticable to the eye.
I am starting induction again as I blew out on the weekend (first time) as I was very despondent.
I have been to the Doctor and had my thyroid etc, etc checked as I thought maybe that was a problem (my Mum has an underactive thyroid), but I am as healthy as a horse. One thing that was interesting though was my cholesterol was low and my blood pressure was very low 100 over 80. I have always had low blood pressure though.
Can someone please explain why I did not lose more weight?
Thanking you
Hellwoman
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 03:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

It can depend on what you have to lose. From your stats it looks like you only have to lose 10 lbs. If that is truely the case than 1 lb is a good loss. the average person will lose 10 percent during induction - that is what you did.

Everyone is different when it comes to this WOE and weight loss. If you post some of your menus, I'm sure someone could analyze them and let you know if there was an issue.

Patience is the key - it takes time!

Good Luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 10:47

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Ditto

Same here Hellwoman. I lost a pound and have now gained it back, cause I went off the last 2 days.

IF I look at the Body Type Diet (do a Google search) I'm a Pituitary type so must stay away from all dairy, or I gain. I didn't do that during induction.

IF I look at the Blood Type Diet, I'm a B, I need to stay away from chicken, or I gain.

I've actually been able to prove these right, isn't that bizzare?

So, I need to follow those rules, in addition to the induction rules and don't forget to drink my water and try it again.