Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 18:54

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 194/184/140
BF:Who knows!?!?
Progress: 19%
Default New and happy to be here...

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this forum, I actually just found it tonight. I'm so glad to find you all! I started the Atkin's diet Monday with a lot of people in the office, as well as my mom. I just wanted to say hello, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Ciao,
Mireille

My Yahoo Profile

Last edited by Mireille_b : Tue, Jan-14-03 at 19:27.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 22:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello Mireille and welcome. You can send all your friends here too, if you want. I hope that Atkins way of eating has its usual effect of giving amazing losses in the Induction 2 weeks, and then continues slower but steadily in the weeks and months to come.

This is not a quick weight loss diet but a change in your WOE (way of eating) for the rest of your life. Besides the weight loss, you will be surprised at how your general health improves.

Feel free to browse in the various sections and in people's journals.

All the best to your group.

#3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 10:14

Plan: Atkin's Diet
Stats: 194/184/140
BF:Who knows!?!?
Progress: 19%
Smile Thanks Barb...

Thank you for welcoming me Barb, I appreciate it. I realize that this isn't going to be a "quick fix" but then again, I didn't gain all this weight overnight either. HAHAHA. I'm trying to keep my goals realistic, and only looking down the road 10 pounds at a time. I'm hoping that I might be able to lose 8-10 pounds a month if I continue the way I have been. This diet isn't all that difficult at all really. THe only thing I need to concentrate on now is getting some exercise into my program, which is a must! Getting motivated to do so is a bit difficult though. LOL

I'll definately post results as I go along, and hope that I can give back to the forum.

Thank you again,
Mireille