Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 08:57

Plan: Modified Low carb
Stats: 305/270/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default I love days like this.

Stepped on the scale this morning at the ole gym and noticed a 1lb drop.. nice.. Ill take all i can get... but the really great thing was this morning.. I realized I ran out of holes on my belt. Now to either bring it to a leathersmith or just buy a new belt.

Yay Me!

Topher
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 12:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Oh yeah...

That is sweet. I'm on my third new belt since beginning LCing...

...I loved when my stomach no longer touched the steering wheel of my car and when I could fit into seats comfortably again.

Keep-a-goin'!

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 14:48

Plan: Modified Low carb
Stats: 305/270/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

The IHOP near my house.. has insanly small booths that I just cant sit in... Im going to enjoy asking for a booth
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-19-02, 15:01

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Booths...

That's another very good one, when you're able to slid in and out of booths again without needing to call the fire department for the Jaws of Life...

P.S. Just don't order the omelette at IHOP...it's light and fluffy and big because they add pancake batter to them! Yup. Pancake batter. I had heard rumors of this, so I wrote to them. I received a reply from their p.r. person confirming pancake batter in the omelettes. Just FYI...

Donald
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-02, 11:18

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Great news to run out of holes in your belt!!!

Keep up the good work.

Windy(Linda)
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 23:30
Registered Member

Stats: 360/289/195
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default What's the deal with the small booths at IHOP?

Maybe it's just me, but doesn't most of IHOP's menu lend itself towards having larger booths?

I mean...c'mon! Pancakes, waffles, french toast, the cinnamon rolls cooked a-la french toast...

I haven't been to an IHOP in a while...soley because I didn't feel good about asking for a table. I always hated doing it.

Dan
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: dr. akins
Stats: 308/205/150
BF:
Progress:

NEVER KNEW THIS BEFORE THAT IHOP OMELETS CONTAINED PANCAKE BATTER.. THATS STRANGE THAT THEY WOULD DO THAT AND NOT LET ANYONE KNOW....WONDER WHAT ELSE THEY DO WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT....I DID EAT THERE ALOT BECAUSE ITS NEAR OUR HOME BUT I WILL THINK TWICE NOW ABOUT GOING THERE.
I DON'T WANT TO BLOW MY DIET.

SOME THINGS IN LIFE ARE JUST SO WIERD................ :confused:
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 11:47

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Thumbs up Way to go!

That's great about the belt, Anybody... good work. I don't wear belts, but I had a similar (but more embarrassing) experience the other day. On weekends I wear these soft, stretchy pants around the house, made of something like jersey, with elastic waists. I have lost 42 lbs, and the pants are getting loose. Well, I was on my way up the stairs, my son was going down. He happened to step on the hem of my pants and when I pulled up, down they came LOL. Slid right off me Had to admit, I was more pleased than anything! So, my reward to myself when I hit 50lbs lost is some new pants

I live in Ontario.. no Ihops here, but I know what you guys mean about small boothes. I don't feel embarrassed at all about requesting a table when I go to a restaurant. I am there to spend my hard-earned money in their establishment, and I am darned well going to be comfortable when I do it. Besides.. any good host or hostess would look at her clients and determine for herself that they would require a table. So, if I have to ask, I figure it is just her not doing her job properly. I have gotten a lot more confident about things like that lately. Like, telling my doctor to get some chairs for the waiting room that don't have arms , for heaven's sake!

This thread reminds me of the "sunshine moments" one.. I love it

Take care everyone,
Tracy
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 12:45

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%
Default IHOP Omlettes

We eat at IHOP every now and again. Last time we were there, I asked the manager about the pancake mix in the omlette. He admitted that they put about a cup of the sour dough pancake mix in about a gallon of the egg mix. I went to their website to get the carb count, but they don't list the nutritional value of their menu.

I agree the booths are a !~#%&. Not very accommidating to us big people....

Oh, I made good (the start anyway) on a NY resolution to start a journal. Feel free to stop by anytime....

BrewWa