Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 01:22

Plan: dr. atkens diet
Stats: 220/215.6/182.6
BF:
Progress: 12%
Smile new member wants to say hi

Hi to you all . I am new to the low-carb diet , and to this forum. I just want to say hi and to thank you all for the good work that you are doing in this forum. I am sure I will enjoy being around.
Good luck all with best regards.
Abu-faisal
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 05:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 189/178/140
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Hi Ya Abu Faisal

I am utterly knocked out with this low carb dieting so far and only been involved a few days really - tried it before but didn't really put my mind and body into it - NOW THOUGH I am doing it with a vegeance. AND already seeing results.

My husband too has lost some weight in just a week - well it's a fortnight as he cottoned-on to this thing way before me, his bosses did a low carb/high protein diet about 5 years ago and kept recommending my husband to it, but it would have been too expensive as my husband is a very big meat eater anyways and we didn't have a lot of money back then. We still don't have a lot of money but I reckon that we don't now have to keep buying takeaways like we were and don't keeep going out for meals like we did so that will compensate my shopping bill anyway.

I REALLY cannot beliefve the amount of food you can eat.

Smashing - Lovely - fantastic foods - soooooooooooooooo I wish you all the luck in the world and to all who is reading this because it's really upsetting being big when you want to be smaller - I don't want to be thin - but I would love to be slimmer.

Enjoy and hope to see lots of postings from you.

Gill Birch.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 06:50

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome and Happy birthday

Hi Abu

Not only have you joined this forum, but it is also your birthday today, so a double welcome.

#4   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 06:53

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default Welcome

Welcome Abu, and Happy Birthday too.

Welcome Gill as well. Gill, one thing you might notice is that your husband loses faster than you. Men tend to lose faster than women. Don't let it discourage you. Find some clothes to use as a measurement, a pair of pants or a skirt. You might find that while the scale does not budge, your clothes get looser. We call that the "pant-o-meter".

Happy eating!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 07:08

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Happy Birthday and welcome! This is a great place to find information and support. Hope to hear more from you.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 05:23

BF:
Smile to thank you + a question

Thank you sooooooo much all for your replies, and for your kind greetings. I am really so pleased to be here, and this is a very promising start for me. Thank you all again , hoping all the best for you… Going back to business going back to the low-carb diet , I have a question concerning two food items ( plain yogurt and nuts ) is it OK to have a lot of them. I hope to get your feed back.
Regards to you all.

Abu-Faisal
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 06:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: to thank you + a question

Quote:
Originally posted by abu-faisal
Thank you sooooooo much all for your replies, and for your kind greetings. I am really so pleased to be here, and this is a very promising start for me. Thank you all again , hoping all the best for you… Going back to business going back to the low-carb diet , I have a question concerning two food items ( plain yogurt and nuts ) is it OK to have a lot of them. I hope to get your feed back.
Regards to you all.

Abu-Faisal

am attaching a link to a couple of threads which may be helpful in answering your questions if you go to the top of this page you will find a search button...just type in the info you are searching for and chances are you will find several threads on the subject good luck on your LC Journey...B

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...ghlight=Yoghurt

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...wed+on+Low+Carb
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 07:20

BF:
Smile yoghurt and nuts

Great help Bonnie , many thanks.