Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 20:04

Plan: my own
Stats: 147/143/120
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Not losing weight??

I have been doing a combo between CAD and something like PP for about 2 weeks now. I have not lost any weight. I weigh myself every few days, in the morning, before I eat breakfast and wearing the same clothes, using the same scale. All of the low-carb books say during the first few weeks, you lose alot, do you know of why I may not be losing much of anything? I have been drinking alot of water too...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hello. I am new here also but I feel it helps if you post a menu. Also let us know if you are exercising. If you post a menu, we can look at it and maybe help there.(ie. hidden carbs, etc.)Also, could you please tell us more on how you are mixing the two programs.Keep in touch and we will try to help you figure this out. Good luck!! Have a blessed day.

Last edited by 1pepper : Thu, Dec-12-02 at 21:41.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Dec-12-02, 21:43
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 189/184/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hello. I am new here also but I feel it helps if you tell post a menu. Also let us know if you are exercising. If you post a menu, we can look at it and maybe help there.(ie. hidden carbs, etc.)Also, could you please tell us more on how you are mixing the two programs.Keep in touch and we will try to help you figure this out. Good luck!! Have a blessed day.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 00:59

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 188/185/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Zion,

Many people can lose weight quite easily with a relaxed approach, but then there are others who need to stay right on target to drop a few. You may be in the second category.

I am concerned with combining PP & CAD because they are 2 different approaches. Eades recommend spreading your carbs evenly throughout the day, and Hellers say to eat carbs at 1 meal only. So if you are eating recommended PP meals during the day and then a reward meal, that could be the problem.

Post your menus, or start a journal & log your menus daily and we can do some look-overs and come up with some suggestions.

Also, for starting out, I suggest that you pick a plan and follow it exactly, at least until you get adjusted and in a rhythm & then you can tweak.

Lila
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 12:32

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

I did Atkins, fell off the wagon, then CAD, lost 1 (or 2) lbs and then nothing, then completely off again. All in 5 weeks.

I had to commit to one plan and stick with it for success so I chose Atkins OWL (not induction) and now I am losing (3.5 lbs this week alone and its TOM time!). I eat 35-40 carbs a day average and make sure I eat lots of protein to fill my stomach up thus preventing me from "snacking". I am keeping calories around 1500-1600. For me, this is working...for now anyway.

Perhaps you need to follow one plan more or less than jumping back and forth between CAD and PP. They are totally different plans and that may be the cause of your no loss. Good luck!

Last edited by yvonne326 : Fri, Dec-13-02 at 12:34.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-13-02, 12:36

Plan: Atkins---> CAD!
Stats: 126/116/116
BF:
Progress: 100%
Cool

Though I am no expert..and I am the epitomy of "bending the rules just a bit"; I think what may be stalling you is combining PP and CAD. Pick the one that appeals to you the most, and stick to it a couple of weeks; if followed properly, you'll start seeing the changes in your body. After a while, you can always start "personalizing" your low carb diet, and what not!

Good Luck!

ps. as recommended by everyone that as replied, DO post a sample menu =)