Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/general LC
Stats: 230/216/150 Female 5foot5inches
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 18%
Question What is your daily carb level?

Hi all

I am not new to LCing, and I generally go Atkin's when I am LCing .

My problem is induction. I can never make it two weeks. I get so bored and feel so restricted that I never make it . I'm not a great cook either (enter microwave mac-n-cheese)

Has anyone had experience with either doing a shorter (much shorter, like a few days) induction and then beginning to up the carbs or with just jumping in at say 40g carbs per day? How has this worked?

Also, what are people generally at carb wise for OWL? I realize we are all individual and have different levels, I am just curious?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 11:17
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yep! It's called Protein Power.

You start at a higher level of carbs and stay there until the maintenance phase of the program. For people who are overfat by 20% or more you start at 30 grams, and if you're under, you start at 55 grams.

Low-glycemic fruit is included, limited grain products and lower fat dairy products.

You may want to check it out.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 09:31
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/general LC
Stats: 230/216/150 Female 5foot5inches
BF:too/darn/much
Progress: 18%
Default Thanks Karen

Thanks for the reply Karen,

I bought a copy of PP (MY old one has disappeared) and got familiar with it last night.

I think this will be a better choice for me.

I'm starting today even though I need to really read the book inside and out.

Have a good day
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 11:13
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Excellent! You're living by your sig line!

A lot of people on this forum are self confessed "not cooks" but they seem to have no trouble following a lot of the recipes in the Low Carb Kitchen Forum. Start with something that looks manageable, like a casserole type thing or an egg dish and go from there. You will probably pleasantly surprise your self!

Karen
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/209/180
BF:
Progress: 3%

I take in about 50Gm/day, mostly from vegetables and manage to lose weekly. I am 45/6' tall/200 lbs
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 19:13

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Right now I am eating about 30-35 day and losing. Anything above 35 and I stall out unfortunately BUT I do fluctuate and find that if I eat, for instance, 25 carbs for a day or two and then climb to 35 for a day and back down (basically keeping in the 10 carb range) I tend to lose a little faster...don't know why this is but for me this works. Monday I was at 23 carbs, yesterday at 30 and today I was down 2 lbs. Im not saying this works for everyone because we all know that each of us are different. To me, making sure that my last meal of the day contains more protein than my other two meals seems to also do the trick.