Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 17:15

Plan: all
Stats: 100/58/58
BF:
Progress: 100%
Exclamation help?

HI what can't u eat on the low carb diet? Do i have to cut out fruit? Is there a website simeone can show me that says what i can a can't eat???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 17:22

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

if you look to the right of this page and under quick links click on "which plan is right for me" . there are various low carb plans, look through them and decide which one you feel you could follow as each plan has different guidelines

hth
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 18:10
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:

Hi Janine,

I'm a little confused by your post. You appear to have already lost all the weight you wish to lose. Are you looking for a suitable maintenance plan?

Whatever it is you are seeking, I second Jesdorka's advice about choosing a plan.

And do buy and read the book of your plan rather than relying on a website. That way you always have access to the book, whether or not your computer is turned on.

BTW, I moved your post from the Turtle Club, as that forum is for very slow losers.

All the best to you.

Rosebud
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 04:57

Plan: all
Stats: 100/58/58
BF:
Default hi

Hey rosebud I'm from Brisbane too! Yeah I just wanted to know cos' I heard that low carbing is good for acne prone skin, I've tried everything for it like really expensive stuff, but now I want to try something natural so I heard that a low carb diet will help.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 08:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

I am 35 years old and finally I have clear skin! Part of it is definately the even keel my hormones are on because of the low-carb diet - the other part of it is due to finding the right cleanser for me - the one I am using now is a scrub with a little bit of acne meds. Your skin won't clear up overnight, it may take months - but for quite a few people here - clear skin is definately a side effect of this way of eating that we like very much!

I second the opinion about finding a plan and a book though - understanding this way of eating can only help in the long run, and besides your health and well being is worth it!