Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 10:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/144/130
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default new and confused

I too have been lurking around and am amazed at the support and results I have seen.

I followed lc all of sept and lost about 9lbs however, October found me falling back on my old ways and by 3:00 in the afternoon, I was "sugar hunting" somehow I managed to keep those initial pounds off, but with the Holiday Season just around the corner, I would like to resume lc and would be thankful for any hints on getting back on the wagon.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 10:34
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%
Thumbs up Just Do It!

But seriously, look around on all the forums for different plans and try to find explanations/problems with LC plans and read, read, read.

Doing this will gain you experience and a knowledge of how others use the plans and garner you knowledge and strategies to suceed with your chosen plan or to select a plan that might better suit you. To gather additional information about the different plans you might click on "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" Read them closely for the one that might be suited to your body chemistry.

Good Luck and Welcome back!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 10:44
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Macey, welcome!

It might help you to keep a personal journal of how you were feeling when the "sugar hunting" urges hit. Sometimes by recognizing how you were feeling at the time, you may be able to prevent a recurrence.

Two things can help the sugar cravings. First when the urge hits, try to eat some protein. It can definitely help.

Even better of course is to prevent those cravings in the first place. Are you taking any supplements? I have found that L-Glutamine made a big difference with those cravings. Some folk have found chromium to be of help. too.

Have a look at "Low Carb Tips" on the orange bar at the top of your screen. There is some very useful info there. You might also check "Hot Links" near the top of the Newbies' Questions forum for some useful info in previous threads.

All the best to you, Macey!

Rosebud