Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 04:17

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default Bought it.. still a question!

Bought the pdf-version of Lyle's book and started reading.. it will take a while to read everything, so in case you know the answer...

I am planning a bike ride of approx. 100 K this weekend and was wondering how many calories to add to the carbup for the weekend. My carbup starts on Saturday 1100/1200 hrs, depending on whether I have been able to do circuit training before or after my spinning class (945-1030). It should last till Sunday 1200 hr.

I will probably leave on Sunday 800 hr and arrive in Amsterdam some 6 hrs later at 1400hr.
Now I'm wondering how mch extra to eat.. I've checked this website:
http://www.ecybex.com/education/cal...lorie_calc.html

where I'm told that I will spend 468 kcal/hr when I cycle at 9,4 mi/hr = approx. 15,1 km/hr which is more or less the speed I have. Times 6 = 2800 kcals burned...
Compared with lazying around I'd burn 103 kcal/hr. So that's an excess of 468-103=365 kcal x6 = 2190 kcal.

Should I run up a huge deficit or eat about half of that amount extra? Lik 1100 kcal?

What's your take on this? 100 K is a bit out of the ordinary for this time of year but about half the distance of what I habitually cycle on Saturday between March and September..
Sponsored Links