Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 11:12
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Unhappy Signature Attachments? Where'd they go?

I was noticing, not only in my own post, but in several others as well, that the signature attachements are gone, and also some of the attachments that are in posts, when I tried to open some of them up,... there was nothing there. Is there a reason for this? And will it be fixed? Thanks~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 11:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

I didn't notice this.

Is there a specific example of a link not working, or an image not showing up?

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 12:05
Registered Member

Default Stuff's Just not there

It is my signature gif, and I have also noticed that a lot of the other signature attachments on other ppl's are gone as well. I have gone to posts where I added attachments, and when I go to look at the attachments in another window, it shows as done, and there is nothing there~! It hasn't happened with everyone's sgnature attachments, and actually I have not checked all that many attachments of other ppl's to tell you about that aspect, but I know that they aren't working on mine... don;t know if this will help~ but is worth a try!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 12:09
Forum Founder

But I can see your signature just fine.

I've done a quick check on other's attachment and they all show up fine.

Were you logged in, or viewing as a guest?

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 12:19
Registered Member

Default AAAuuuuuurrrrgggghhhhhhh!!

AAAuuuuuurrrrgggghhhhhhh!! That says it all right there... must be something needing tweaked with my pc then... hubby took windowsXP, and reinstalled WindowsME, and I am already regretting changing back to it.... there must be some setting or something needing changed or somethingl... funny thing is..... there wasn't any problem with it last night.... Sorry about that Wa'il.... I know that you are busy enough without checking out what I think is a problem for everyone... and it looks like it is just me!!!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 12:24
Forum Founder

That's allright. Actually this is interesting, because just this morning, I have disabled attachments for guests. The reason was due to the amount of bandwidth used, especilally when linked to images (hot linking) from other websites and BB's.

But this should not effect members, and I've tested it a bit.

Wa'il
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 22:07
Registered Member

Unhappy Still Nada~

I just don't know what is going on with not being able to see attachments and signatures pics. I have looked at every possible setting I can look at, and still nothing! For example when I try to look at any attachments, say GLHB Rhinoa's in her test posts for her pictures and etc., the window opens up, but there is nothing there, and it says done. The same with trying to look at anybody else's attachments, even my own! The only thing I done, was dump windowsXP, and install winMe, but I was on here last night too, and I know I would have noticed if anything wasn't kosher... I could see my signature gif then, and also everyone else's... and now there are so many that I cannot see... I am dumbfounded about this. Can any techies give me a possible explanation? My hubby is a tech, and he doesn't know why it would be doing it. Wa'il, even if you disabled attachments for guests, this shouldn't affect my seeing them, would it? Geez, I always knew I was the odd man out... but this is nuts! Makes me wanna

p.s. this is happening when I am logged in.... my sig. gif is just a poor lil red x in a big white box
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 00:04
Registered Member

Smile Wa'il This'll make you happy

Well, I FINALLY found the problem! After exhausting all other avenues, and rebooting more times than I care to admit... I found the problem! It was the firewall and protection that hubby installed on my PC! I had asked him earlier, after tweaking everything else that I could figure to tweak.....and nada... and he said. that firewall should not stop that. After the umpteenth time of rebooting, I decided to do a little experimenting... turned off the firewall, and hotdamn!! I got PICTURES BACK!!! So now you know what to tell someone else, should they ever come to you with the same sort of problem! I am glad that I got it figured out, because I really enjoy looking at the attachments and signature attachments here... and missed them! It was frustrating and depressing not to be able to see them, and not know why! Now maybe I can get my summary of Stillman done and turned in~!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 08:53
Forum Founder

That's great, and it's helpful to know, when others have similar problems

Wa'il