Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 00:55
Registered Member

Plan: 1st ATKINS; now CKD!!
Stats: 208/166/158
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default ok carb up drinks? ie no bad sugars

Usually when I carb up I only drink ice tea.
This week I do not have an ice tea maker available.
What other drinks are there that I can drink that have no bad sugars like fructose,corn syurup...etc.....

I avoid the food/drinks with the "bad sugars" because I have noticed I gain more when I consume those type of negative sugars and it is harder to lose the carb up pounds when I consume the negative sugars.

Thanks for the replies.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 05:18

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

Worldwide makes an excellent drink called Carbo Rush. NO HCFS or regular corn syrup.

Usually i just stick with my normal water and caffiene free diet coke.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 13:03

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%
Default Re: ok carb up drinks? ie no bad sugars

Quote:
Originally posted by flyguy
Usually when I carb up I only drink ice tea.
This week I do not have an ice tea maker available.
What other drinks are there that I can drink that have no bad sugars like fructose,corn syurup...etc.....

I avoid the food/drinks with the "bad sugars" because I have noticed I gain more when I consume those type of negative sugars and it is harder to lose the carb up pounds when I consume the negative sugars.

Thanks for the replies.

I swear, NOTHING is safe from corn syrup! EVERYTHING has it. I've pretty much given up trying to avoid that.. the high fructose corn syrup...yeah there's a lot of that out there, too, but I think there's some stupid law somewhere in the big black lawbook that says a company MUST use corn syrup or they will be shut down! LOL. Honestly, I've never seen so much of one thing in SO MANY foods in my life---sugar wise anyway.

Good luck, flyguy, in finding that elusive non-corn syrup sweetened drink! Just be glad you're not stuck in Mississippi where I swear there's a law here keeping HF off the shelves!

Hmmnn.... maybe our country has a surplus of corn syrup. Maybe we should send some to Sadam Hussein! LOL.... we'll kill him off with our American food! Yeah, that's it! We'll fatten him up so he has congestive heart failure.

.....I need to get out more often
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 12:25

Hi again!

I ran across a drink in GNC this weekend that's PERFECT. The ONLY sweetners in it are Matlodextrin and Sucralose. It's in a lavendar/purple bottle and it's called "Rapid Recovery."

If you get any, let us know how it works!!!! I'm on a weeklong refeed, so I may not do the carb up this weekend...not sure yet.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 12:31

BF:

just a note on Rapid Recovery - it is nasty (atleast in my opinioin). I tried it one week when the gym was out of Carb Rush (both are made by Worldwide).

RR has good stuff in it and would be a good drink if it didnt taste so dang bad. I had the fruit punch version and it tasted like Milk mixed with Hawaian Punch. the ony thing i can think is that it is the Whey Protein that gives it the milky taste.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 12:53

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Dog
just a note on Rapid Recovery - it is nasty (atleast in my opinioin). I tried it one week when the gym was out of Carb Rush (both are made by Worldwide).

RR has good stuff in it and would be a good drink if it didnt taste so dang bad. I had the fruit punch version and it tasted like Milk mixed with Hawaian Punch. the ony thing i can think is that it is the Whey Protein that gives it the milky taste.

Whoa! LOL... man, do I appreciate that feedback! I hate it when I buy something and can barely gag it down-----like Atkins shakes (eghads, but that stuff is HORRIBLE).

Thanks, Big Dog!!!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 12:59

BF:

go for the Carb Rush, more carbs - 70 grams per bottle and much better tasting.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 13:03

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Dog
go for the Carb Rush, more carbs - 70 grams per bottle and much better tasting.

Good deal! I think I can find it at our Vitamin Warehouse or GNC. Gyms around her usually only carry Carbo Force.

Thanks for the heads-up, Big Dog!!!!