Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 05:16

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up Jalilah you might have touch a good point after your recent post

Your really got me thinking here, when we where talking about ketosis and deep purple, right now i am in the middle range, has you said if i reach deep purple that means that my ketones might not be getting burned and i have way to much in the body.

MMMh interesting, tought i lost another 2 pounds and am right now at 194 pounds i am quit confused here.

i will add another 30 sets workout today and see if tonight i am still in mild ketosis, this would mean that i would have burned some ketones.

I wasnt very active after i add reached ketosis the last time, i did my 2 days training Mon, Tus and then the Friday high set workout.

I should be adding some type of cardio to all of this.

I guess that i might have been doing something right because after a big junk food carb up on Tuesday i am back in mild ketosis since yesterday.

My bet is that workout, i dont have Lyle book but have is diary on the web, is 20 week bodyopus diary, well if you reach him tell him thanks because this has really helped me.

He add mentionned some of this, high set workout in there 20 plus sets or so.

He also said at one place that atkins beleved that deep ketosis was very good but Dan Duchaine didnt know, i dont know if any research has been done on this since.

I cant cry right now because i am doing fine on the diet and feel very fortunate that everything is going great.

I cant wait to see my mom face when we invite here again for supper in about 2 weeks, she has been after me to lose weight for 2 years now, i havent add the chance to see here recently we talked over the phone but i told here nothing about my diet.

Your right training with someone is the best thing to do, my girlfriend is willing to do it but not alone, she needs someone to train here and get here true the diet.

I cant wait to get the membership to the gym damn it, this weekend we will prepare food for the week so she can always have something to eat low carb in hands.

Well tonight will be the big test, since i have been in ketosis for only one day this week, 2 if you count today i might hang on and stay in ketoland for a couple of more days, friends are coming for supper tonight and they are bringing dessert, Damn them chocolate cheese cake and chocolate pie, well i guess that a thermo fat burning stack is in sight for me this will kill my urge.

Have a good weekend Jalilah and thanks for your reply, they have been quit useful to me since i am less then a month in low carb and still have much to learn.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 05:50

Plan: BFL
Stats: 190/?/135
BF:21%
Progress: 60%

Morning, realdeal!

I thought I'd check the board real quick before I start the day. You sound like you're doing fine. My problem is that I'm incredibly active on top of my gym workouts----due to my job. So according to Lyle, based on my workout and activity level, I'm burning ketones pretty quickly, so they're not always showing up in the urine. Another thing is that I also drink 120oz of water a day----no less. Sometimes more, but never less. This also tends to dilute ketones as well.

The book is pretty tough to digest in parts, so I'm still learning here myself. It's a process---that's all I can say right now. LOL

I was also surprised to read in his book that we should take in a small carb meal 4hrs before the depletion workout, then another that includes fruit 2hrs before. I thought, HUH?? I thought we were supposed to avoid fruit?? Anyway, he said there is a greater risk of putting on fat during the carb up if you eat too much fruit, but in his words...."a little fruit wont kill you." LOL. Maybe some avoid it completely to avoid getting "too much." I mean for me, I wouldn't be able to tell you how much is too much! Ya know?

Well, I'm going to try and do my first depletion (by the book) today, but I'm going to have to do it on an empty stomach! I'd been doing something else----and I'm CERTAIN I was depleting okay----but maybe too much. I was doing BFL, which included the regular workout on Friday, but then I'd add the other body parts in so I could reap the benefits on all during the carb up. I think I was overdoing it! So today-----my happy booty is going to do it right!

I'm so glad I raised my carbs and calories yesterday! I feel SO SO SO much better today!!! Wow! Who'd of thought I needed THAT many calories? 12cal/lb/day was SO not enough!

Hope you have a great workout----and a fun carb load, realdeal!! I enjoy reading your posts. And you know, we'll be learning this together here because I'm certainly no expert! haha.. Hey, we'll learn from each other's successes and mistakes.

#3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 06:06

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Thumbs up right on

I guess that this diet seems to be pertty easy , but we chose one that is complicated, all the ketostix check, body temp, and all the rest that comes with it.

I dont beleive in the meal before the last workout on Friday, i just wanna stay has long has i can in ketosis.

I havent been drinking that much water so i better start, i have a big 1.5 litre bottle here at work.

Yeah today i am gonna hit the gym pertty hard, burning them ketones, i might even buy Lyle book when i get more $$$, damn first house payement and all the rest.

The fruit thing has been said in bodyopus too, but only for the pre depletation workout, this is pertty complecated for me so i just skip it, has i said i dont beleive in that.

Fructose in fruit and candy( damn candies gotta check all the ingredient in there) has some and apparently only 50g can lead to a fully replenish liver wish will take you a day or 2 to get back into ketosis.

I dont really eat fruits:

i take around 2-3 capsules of omega 3-6-9 each day, i dont eat fish well tuna but not saulmon ( yaggggggg), this covers my good fats or EFA if you want.

Most of the rest of the fat comes from olive oil on tuna, steaks, red meats.....

I take in 3g of vitamine C a day and 800 iu of E

Calcium and magnesium 3 times a day about 1000mg a day of both.

I have to do this because of that damn lactose intolerence, on weekend i drop the vitamines because i eat enought to get all of them in my meals.

People think that to lose weight you gotta drop the calori, but the mistake they make is drop them way to low below 1000 wish is not good and counter productive.

I do what Trainerdan said and it works fine, i zigzag them, 1500 one day the next 200 and next i might even go has high has 3600.