Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 11:20
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 265/230/170
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default I Am A Looser

hi folks

its been 1 month since my birthday and my tatto i am sad to say i didnot lose a pound not a single lousy pound however, i am
down another size in pants my co workers keep on telling me to my pants are too baggy, so monday i will be getting new pants(thank god i don"t have to pay for them )

another thing when i was 180lbs i was wearing a size 38C bra
now i am 220lbs(45lbs lost) i am now wearing a size 34C, what up with that i dont want to loose anymore upper body,i want to loose my lower body faster.

I have been walking 6 miles 5 days a week i do weights 3 nites a week,( after work) and i do carb up once a month

anyhow folks i have said before iam a LOOOSER, A VERY HAPPY LOOSER

got to go see u looser later
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 11:45
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

<center>Way To Go!!!</center>

Good for you! See how the scale lies? I've experienced that same phenomenon: a lower number on the scale doesn't necessarily mean your body is leaner.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-05-02, 12:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I am REALLY happy for your losses and you deserve congratulations. The "pant-o-meter" is a much better measure of how you are losing than the scales.

You are noticing what I did. You wear a smaller size at the same weight "on the way down" than you did "on the way up." LC does that for us - water logged tissues gradually dry out to normal, intestinal bloat decreases abd fat goes away. All good things.

As to where you are losing: no one has any control over that. Your body will lose where it wants to, just as it puts fat storage where it wants to. The good part is that even after you have lost a lot, the body will seem to rearrange things and change proportions. So be patient and stay LC and you will continue to shrink and change.

All the best.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 18:35
Registered Member

Plan: CALP/Atkins
Stats: 175/140/110
BF:
Progress: 54%
Wink

Tofi! So good to hear about your success! It inspires me to go on! Thanks! Keep posting!

(By the way Kristine, your picture there is pretty cool! It almost looks like a painting...You'd be a great subject with the features you have.)
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 19:00

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 238/212/180 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Good to hear that others have experienced this. In this past month I have not lost one pound, however everyone keeps telling me that I am looking thinner everyday. Almost makes me feel that I am leading a lie, however it does make sense. Good luck to all of you...may you achieve your goals easily.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-06-02, 21:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170.6/163.2/145
BF:
Progress: 29%

I'm with you all as well! the scale does lie. Remember, it doesn't measure our body fat accurately (some not at all...). Also, a pound of muscle versus a pound of fat has different density. So while you may be losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, the scale may read the same, but your pants may be getting looser. Good job on gaining muscle! Each pound of muscle requires 30-50 calories a day to continue which means that you have up'd your metabolism, which in turn will mean that you will lose pounds quicker!! Congrats again!!

(wish I could listen to my own advice sometimes...)
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 06:28
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 265/230/170
BF:
Progress: 37%

kristine;
Yes, the SCALE do lie,but i have a love hate/ relationship with the damm thing

TOFI:
oh; i wish i have control over where i lose the weight,my upper body is getting too small and my thighs and legs are LAUGHING at me but i told them every morning when i am walking that i am going to win :

Smittlem:
I see you are getting married in july,CONGRULATION you are going to look stunning keep on lcing

thanks guys for the encouragement, i am a looser and a happy looser