Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 17:29

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Cool New to forum

Greetings-1st time poster. I am very glad to have found this site as I need to know there are others out there going through similar food situations! Trying very hard to stay "good" on this as I am getting married in November and would very much like to be close to my target weight. I don't think I will make my goals by then. I will do the best I can and stay focused and excersising!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 22:23

Plan: General LC-ing
Stats: 145/127/120
BF:BMI 23.7
Progress: 72%
Smile

Tricia,
Welcome and Congrats on your up and coming wedding
Even if you don't reach your desired weight by the big day
I bet you'll at least be feeling much better
greentea
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 02:02

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome

Hi Tricia and welcome to this forum.

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. Having a date will hopefully inspire you to keep to the right track and banish those pounds. I wish you every success.

To help you stay on track and to keep you motivated why not start a journal? See the sticky at the top of the forum. I find mine great for keeping track of my progress, keeping me honest and a great place to meet people and make friends.

Whatever you weigh in November I am sure that you will have a lovely wedding day and will feel so much better for living this low carb way of life. Just remember, after the honeymoon, go back to low carbing to keep off those unwanted pounds.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 11:52

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%
Wink Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks for the words of encouragement, green tea and Little Ann. I feel so much better on a daily basis not eating carbs! When I have "fallen off the wagon" I can track for three days after the direct results of my emotional roller coaster. Moody, weepy, lethargic and just all around depressed. Previous to this wol I have been plagued by emotional ups and downs, depression etc. Looking back, if I had just stopped the carb intake I probably would have felt much better. It's a shame that our culture tells us that the "Food Pyramid" is the correct balance of food. It is obviously not for me! When I see commercials for all the terrible snack food out there, especially marketed towards children, it makes me angry! I now shout out, "No wonder obesity is such a problem!" Anyway, thanks for the support and have a great day!