Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Cool Just stared today! <Atkin's>

Okay so I just started today on my Atkin's plan. So far this is what I have eaten... Am I on the right track?

Breakfast: 07:30am> 2 scrambled eggs and 2 sausage patties, cooked in pan with butter.

Lunch 11:30am> went to Western Sizzlin and on the buffet I had 2 chopped steak rounds and a baked chicken thigh. All Meat.

They let you take a to go box so I still have 2 baked chicken thighs and another chopped steak. Guess that's what I will have for dinner.

I have cheese and summer sausage in case a snack attack comes but I have not felt hungry yet. I only want to lose about 30lbs. I am 160lbs right now.

Day one almost down!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 18:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 141/130/115
BF:28%/27%/25%
Progress: 42%

Hi Twister:

It sounds like you're on the right track. You can have 2 - 3 cups of salad veggies and 1 cup per day of other cooked veggies if salad doesn't exceed 2 cups. Just keep the carbs under 20. A carb counter book helps or go to Fitday online at www.fitday.com (a useful site to keep track). Drink plenty of water 64 oz a day.

I only started on induction 11 days ago and I don't really have any cravings for sugar or carbs and the pounds are melting away. Yeah.........Debbie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 14:55

Stats: 165/165/125
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default salad it is!

I had a cup of cole slaw and a rueben sandwich without the bread for dinner.

Is it bad if you have 10 carbs or less a day?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Aug-24-02, 01:19

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

You do not want to have 10 or less carbs per day...You will not lose quicker if you have 10 carbs or less a day...but you will probably NOT feel healthy...and this is about eating healthy...it is not a quick fix diet...if you do this just to lose weight, then stop, you will gain all the weight back+++ Therefore..please...be patient...stick to 20 carbs for your first 2 weeks...then increase slightly each week ...Make sure your calories are 10-12 x's your body weight...Also know that because you only have 30 lbs to lose...you can expect to lose 10% during induction...5% there after...that is the general rule anyhow...Remember to eat your veggies ...You may not feel well over the next few days ...please note that this is just your body detoxifing from the carbs...you may experience, headaches, muscle aches, dizziness and be cranky...but soon you will feel like a new person oozing energy...it truely does feel great once you get the carbs out of your system!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-25-02, 13:59
Registered Member

Stats: 265/248/150
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default Carbs

Your body needs carbs. It is my understanding that if you go very long with extremely low carb count, like 10, you can get sick.

On the other hand, I have read about some stall breakers (on the internet, not here) that are a very brief remedy for a stall, like two or three days, in which you go pure protein. I think Dr. Stillman's diet has all protein days.

A note: even some protein has carbs. Like eggs: almost none, but some.

If you are just a few days into induction, you will be feeling changes which express as discomfort for some people. The discomfort is fleeting. Hang in there.

Coleslaw and a rueben: sounds good to me.