Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 17:50

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 160/150/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 33%
Smile new to this board

Hi all! I have been low carbing since late June and have lost 13 pounds to date. I have been on a severe "stall" for the past 3 weeks and yet have done nothing different than the first few weeks Very frustrating!!
I have, just this week, started using Fitday which I would recommend to everyone. It's free......and it's really an "eye opener"! For the past three days I have kept my carbs around 20-23, which was quite an improvement from what I'd been doing.
My appetite is nothing like it used to be. I'm sure you know what I mean when I tell you that on previous diets, I was constantly hungry
No longer!!! This is one of the most wonderful things about this woe.
I have given myself 10 months to lose 60 pounds.......so I'll be around for a while
Look forward to reading all of your posts and speaking of reading, here are a few of the books I've read in the past few weeks:
Living Low Carb by Fran McCullough
The Secret to Low Carb Success by Laura Richard
Get the Sugar Out by Ann Louise Gittleman
Eat Fat, Lose Weight by Ann Louise Gittleman
How I Gave Up My Low Fat Diet and Lost Forty Pounds by Dana
Carpender
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-26-02, 18:29

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi Mary-Anne and welcome. Look like you are off to a great start. good for you. Your book list sounds great, I'll have to pick up some, I love to read. I have hit a stall as well, but mine has been going on for a couple of months or longer. But I am not worried, I will break it one of these days. Just wanted to say hi and wish you lots of luck.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-27-02, 11:54
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi and welcome! Try not to get too discouraged: it's barely been two months. Some people's bodies need to "regroup".

Fitday is great.

You might consider starting a journal and/or posting some sample menus, if your stall continues. We can throw some ideas your way.