Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 16:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/150/115
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy Need Support Please!!

Hi, its me again. I've posted a couple of times when I am feeling weak. I am doing great on my new way of eating (so far) but I don't understand why all of a sudden I get mad about this. It probably sounds childish? huh? When I say mad, I start thinking about eating this way forever and I think it depresses me and I get angry. It's funny because I'm not craving the foods....its just knowing that I won't ever eat those things again like I did before. I know later I will be able to incorporate more variations into my diet, wont I???

Like I said, I feel like I'm a immature teenager!! I thank god I have never had a drug or alcohol addiction, I think I can relate more to these people now. Please tell me if any of you went through what I am going through and me tell me it goes away.

Thanks Again!!
Gina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 16:48

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%
Default ouch!

It sounds like you are making it really hard on yourself... focus on the short term goals first, I think that if you focus on getting to your goal weight first, then you could slowly incorporate some things you like... isnt it all about moderation as well?

If you are in the induction phase for some time, then you will have developed a bit of a habit by eating less carbs, making you really aware of their effect on you. Use some of the carbs you really love as a treat occasionally.

Whats more important? The food itself, or the weight you have lost and your feelings of success???

Hang in there, take each moment as it comes!

hope this helps!
d
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 19:23
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Smile Hang tough!

Oh it definitely gets better!!! And I understand perfectly ... I pouted a lot at first too....felt sorry for myself. But I just stuck to it because I was losing weight and feeling a lot better. Then, as I moved into different phases, started working out, experimenting with new recipes, and the carb demons loosened their grip on me a little, suddenly I didn't really miss those foods I thought I loved so much. Every once in a while I'll snitch a bite of bread....and it just tastes like .... i dunno.... paper! Starches just taste STARCHY to me now and don't have the appeal they once did. If I get a hankering for something sweet, I eat berries and cottage cheese mixed with Splenda, or SF jello choc pudding, or peaches and cream. After a while you grow to love these foods and feel good about eating them. I mean, in the old days, I'd eat all kinds of crap.... a LOT of empty calories.... but now almost every delicious calorie is packed with nutrition for my body and that feels really good.

Just hang in there.... I promise you'll be where I am very soon.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-02, 23:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi there,

I know it is hard in the beginning to look at the big picture. Start with yourself thinking baby steps....after you reach a couple baby step goals it won't matter any more because you will be feeling so much better and won't even care about the breads.

I know because I love breads also..and after almost two weeks on Atkins..there are NO cravings for me at all for bread.

Besides that, I figure with the new low carb recipes I find online, I have enough choices..including low carb "bread" choices that it will be ok

good luck

damaraq