Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-28-02, 11:32

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 215/213/145
BF:
Progress: 3%
Default help

I started my diet over 2wks ago and I have lost about 20lbs. Maybe not that much. I did weigh 215 and now I weigh 195. I need to know what to do to continue losing weight and what i can eat. I have basically been eating salads with ranch, hamburger patties, and eggs for breakfast. I snack on pork skins, but I need to know what else I can snack on and eat. I get hungry alot b/c I dont eat alot. I really dont have time to eat. I have a 3 yr old and a 11 week old. If anyone can help please send me an email. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 13:19

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi there......

I think the key to managing this is a little bit of planning. Being prepared by cooking a few things that will last through several meals is one way to do that. For example, cook 6 boneless chicken breasts at once.

Then you can have chicken caesar salads in a few minutes.
Slice the breast and serve on top of 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce with 2 Tbsp caesar dressing. (Check label for carbs)

Or mix up a chicken salad with one chopped breast, 1 oz chopped celery or green pepper or onion and 2Tbsp regular mayo. Eat it on a bed of lettuce.

Or just nibble on the plain breast.

Boil eggs ahead, 6 at a time. Then you can just eat an egg sliced and slathered with mayo or make an egg salad. Also yummy sliced over a warmed & drained can of spinach.

HTH
Marlaine
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 18:12

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

You can snack on anything that fits inside your carb level for the day. I love pepperoni chips (put on a paper towel and nuke until crisp), celery and cream cheese, especially the flavoured ones or Rondelé or Boursin...yum!

Sliced cucumbers, radishes, nuts, the wonderful Mock Danish you'll find in the recipe section...just go Search.

Olives, mushrooms, bell pepper strips, scallions, fresh mozzarella cheese marinated in olive oil and Mediterranean herbs, green beans plain or pickled, salami.

Ham rolls w/ cheese, dill pickles and macadamia nuts inside, tuna or chicken salad, avocados, artichokes, either whole or the hearts out of a can, just whatever you like. Just be sure you are not going over the carb limit you are following.

The kids will go w/ you on this, trust me! They will love to eat "Mommy's grown-up food" and will brag about it to their friends. It's all in the presentation!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 07:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%

Sounds like you are doing great!!!

Another snack idea...

When they are on sale I buy a huge amount of raw chicken wings or drumsticks. I season them with salt and pepper or herbs and overbake them a bit. I cook 'em until they are really crispy.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-02, 08:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi there,

Also don't forget there are several meats in a can you can rely on too such as tuna, chicken, turkey, seafood, and I have even heard of ham...just be sure to read the labels to choose the best ones.

damaraq