Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 13:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/208/180 Female 5ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Not enough calories

Ok, I'm doing fine on the carb limits but I don't get near enough calories, maybe that's why my weight loss has slowed down. Mind you, I did lose 47 lbs on 1400 cal low fat high fibre diet. I seem to hit 1200 - 1400 cals a day no problem but to get more than that seems impossible. Any suggestions. I add butter to my veggies, I eat as much meat as possible without stuffing myself, I'm never hungry so... For breakfast I had 2 cooked eggs, 2 high fibre wasa crispbreads, 2 tbs butter, lunch I had 3 thin slices pepperoni, 1/2 c green peppers, 2 tbsp salsa, 4 oz mozzarella cheese, melted in the microwave, supper will be roast beef and 1 cup broccoli. The pepperoni is no fillers added.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 15:53

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

My secret is heavy cream. Add to coffee or tea, drink a few oz straight, if you drink protein shakes add it to them. You can also add oil to shakes for more cals.

cheers,

Friday
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 17:53

Plan: my own??
Stats: 155/155/130 Female 5'7
BF:25/20/16
Progress: 0%
Default go for the fat

if you need to add calories, add fat!! its dense in calories and its neutral to your insulin!! extra protein can convert to glucose and thus you'll been burning glucose instead of fat if your eating too much meat. I add olive oil to almost everything, i love it soo much. and Avocado is a great source of mono saturated fat, but becareful and buy the Californian ones they are lower in carbs!! avocados do have some carbs so becareful. If your done with induction you can even have some macadamian nuts. They are very filling, high in fat, and good for you. Hope this helps

Piera
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 17:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/205/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

Mayonnaise is one of the highest calorie foods (100 Cal. per tablespoon). I tend to eat a lot of it because I like it. I put it in tuna, I make egg salad, I even eat it with meat and vegetables because most sauces are illegal. I never have a problem getting enough calories, in fact, watching my calories jump when I plug 1/2 cup of mayo into fitday makes me feel kind of nervous.