Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 19:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/185/150
BF:
Progress: 24%
Cool Hey..been "lurking"

Hi folks,
Thought I would introduce myself, finally. I have been checking things out around this web site and have found it very helpful and interesting. I have learned that I have been "lurking"! LOL
I started this WOE on May 14, 2002. I bought Dr. Atkins first book for a quarter at the library book sale, thinking I would just like to see what this was about. It made sense to me and I thought I would try it, so I did. I have never been on a diet and have been at my starting wt for about 17 yrs. It's "baby" fat. (My baby is 17 and it's time I lost the fat!)
It is an odd thing to eat the stuff I told my family that they shouldn't eat all the time. I especially get the business from my son because I told him a few years ago that pork rinds were absolutely the worst thing he could be eating!!!!!!!! He insists that I should get my bloodwork done to see what is happening inside! Probably a good idea.
It has really been quite easy to stick with this WOE because the sugar cravings are gone. It's pretty remarkable ! I feel as if I am much smaller than when I started. Didn't take measurements but try on a certain pair of jeans that I want to wear in public and find that they are getting to be almost presentable! I haven't lost a tremendous amount of weight, but I figure it is going to be GONE FOREVER!!!!! This thing is for keeps.
The MOST EXCITING thing about this all is that my blood pressure has dropped from 140s/90s to 120s/60s within about 2 weeks of starting this adventure! What a gift and blessing.
Thanks for all the info that I have received already.
Annie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-25-02, 20:03

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Greetings and welcome aboard!

Sounds like things are starting off really well for you. You are actually losing at a very respectable and healthy rate - right about two pounds a week. Given that you are only targetting 46 pounds, that's not bad at all. Most people lose about 10% of what they need to lose in the first month give or take. You're running about twice that.

Keep up the good work!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 08:51
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Talking Yea Annie!!

I'm so happy that YOU'RE so happy with your results and the way you're feeling! I'm like you.... knowing that these pounds are gone forever!! I'm so ready to get RID of all those larger clothes in my closet, just gathering dust. I'll be giving them away with total confidence that I'll never need them again!

We're really glad you de-lurked! Welcome to the forum!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 12:01

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome to the forum!

So glad that you've found the forum and that your test numbers have improved!

That's just the begining of things getting better for you!

We hope you become a big loser like the rest of us

Donald
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-26-02, 13:29

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

I am looking forward to throwing all those old clothes away too. Gonna take a while, but I know I will get there this time.!