Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 11:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 306.5/292.5/130
BF:
Progress: 8%
Unhappy who'd of thunk it?

Wow... A whole section devoted to the calorically ambushed such as myself. lol! I call it an ambush because I swear to you, I don't remember the greater part of my life as a 200 pounder. It was almost like one day I got up and ...

<center> BAM!!! </center>

I was a big girl. I think my self esteem may have been my worst enemy. I'm not (or at least I wasn't) like alot of other heavy people. I never felt <i>fat.</i>

I dated... I had great sex lol! It just never occured to me that I was getting bigger and bigger. Well now that I'm 300lbs, it's a little hard to deny.

I can't dress they way I'd like to, or do the things I want to. I've become EXTREMELY self conscious about showing my body to anyone ...

So... here I am.

I'm shootin for 130, but let me tell you, if I get up and that scale says 299 tomorrow I'll be happy as hell!!! LOL!!!

Last edited by darrklove : Tue, Jun-11-02 at 11:53.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 16:39

Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%
Wink I Know Where You're Coming From

Hey darrklove,

I understand what you're saying. I, too, never felt really fat, I guess b/c I am sort of tall and I have always been big-boned. And I don't mind being a little big. Like you, I don't even quite remember gaining weight. It just sort of happened over about a 2 year period with my new boyfriend at the time and a lot of eating out. As a matter of fact, I didn't really realize how big I was getting until I started getting stretch marks. Yuck. They are so ugly. That was sort of my "wake-up" call.

Anyway, at the rate you're going, you will problem see two-something in a few days. So prepare to be happy!

kalondra
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 11:33

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome to the TDC!

Male or female, it's all the same...BIG is BIG...

We're so happy that you've found us and that you've chosen to jump in by posting!

We share so much good information, insight and experiences here, that you're sure to find the added support you need to help make your LC journey a success.

I hope that you will feel free to start new posts or to jump in on some of the oldies but goodies. It's all good here.

Good luck to you and good health as you LCarb!

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 14:09

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile Hiya Darrklove

WTG girl for admitting it to yourself !!!!

I too felt shock, horror and oh my god I cant show myself naked to anyone. I'm still like that - but I am trying to love myself a little bit each day.

I used to be a hairdresser ( am now a civil servant for the british government ) and I was always on my feet - rushing around and a trim size 12 (UK). I had fun with the girls and went out dancing twice a week and then I met a man ( its all his fault ).

We started dating ( god I'm 37 and it sounds too young for me ) and did'nt go out much - liked each others company better. Then I started going over to his house and staying (45 miles). He'd cook - I'd eat and so the story goes. I then moved in 8 months later and gave up the hairdressing for an office job ( put my hard earned degree to use ). Since then (2years) I've been sat on a chair for most of the time and have grown to a wobbly size 20 (UK).

I have started Atkins for one reason - I loathed myself - my relationship was going down the toilet ( he was ok - I was'nt). I used to go to bed early so I'd be asleep before he came up - I wore more to bed than during the day - I never turned the light on -- Does this ring a bell?

I have lost 13lb so far in 16 days and it might not be enough to notice - but its enough to give me a tiny bit of confidence back and I love that.

Just take one day at a time and read everything you've got time for in these postings - these people are lovely and supportive and will always be there for you - this I know after 16 days only

Take care and pop back soon
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 365/-/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Boy I can sure identify with not letting anyone see the body. The girls at work were teasing me about "getting lucky". I told them even if I ever get lucky again it's going to be lights out!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-14-02, 20:20

Stats: 244/225/215 Female 5'9 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Ingirl, by the time you get to the size you want to be, you will be glad to show that body off.

Tigra, I know exactly what you mean about gaining weight when in a relationship. That is almost the story of my life. I gained about 50 pounds with my boyfriend in a 2 year period by cooking and eating out all the time. But I realized I was starting to let myself go so I had to do something about it. You are doing really well with your progress. I know you enjoy the feeling of the weight dropping off and I sure do too!

kalondra
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-15-02, 11:37

Plan: May 03 CAD
Stats: 233/231/150
BF:
Progress: 2%
Smile Where are you Darkklove ?

Hello Again

I just thought I'd pop by to see how your doing and I find no darkklove has been back since the first posting.

This and other forums have been my back bone since I started LCing 17 days ago. I love to come online and look for any messages of support.

If its not working or you've had a bad day - dont worry - just come on and talk (type) - it really does help - take it for one who knows and who is eternally grateful that these forums were ever invented.

If you read this please come back to us - we miss you

Take care and Bye for now
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:21
Registered Member

Stats: 306.5/292.5/130
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Re: Where are you Darkklove ?

Um...

Okay....

I guess along with my low cal, high carb WOE I need to get rid of all my little guilt and shame issues that seem to creep up on me as soon as I have one little slip.

Well...

Actually...

It wasn't really a little slip...

I'll only say two words: BANANA MARGURITAS

Anyway, I ended up falling right back into my old behaviors.

1. Have a minor slip
2. Take that as my cue to binge
3. Feel guilty about binging
4. Starve as punishment
5. Binge out of frustration
6. Feel guilty about binging
7. Starve as punishment
8. Binge out of frustration
9. Feel guilty about binging
10. Starve as punishment
((((you see the where I'm going with this, right?))))

Well, today I finally got around to checking my email for the first time since I don't know when, and I find this...

Quote:
Originally posted by Tigra1965
Hello Again

I just thought I'd pop by to see how your doing and I find no darkklove has been back since the first posting.

If you read this please come back to us - we miss you

THANKYOU SOOOO MUCH!!!

You have no idea how much I needed to read that. So, I'm back and back on track (as of this very moment). You know, I'm not even sure why I avoided the boards since this is like the LAST place any body would sit in judgement of me.

Sometimes I'm just so silly!

Thanks again!

P.S. Julie, am I reading right??? 13 lbs in 17 days??? Dang!!! You are really doin' ya thing, girl !!! LOL!!! Oooh watch out now! I'm scared'a you!!

Last edited by darrklove : Mon, Jun-17-02 at 11:22.