Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 11:01

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%
Default For Elle

Elle,
I left this message in a couple forums. Anyway, your Pizza base recipe, you list "bag" of pork Rinds, however what size, there are different size bags. I am really looking forward to trying this since I have been craving pizza like a mad man. Please post the size of the bag in the kitchen/main dishes forum under your pizza base recipe. Thanks a bunch.
Cindy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 17:14

Plan: Induction
Stats: 63/55/50 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress:

I'm actually not sure on the size. I guess just use as many as you like, according to how big you want your pizza base to be.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 08:43

Plan: Atkins induction AGAIN...
Stats: 242/197/199 Female 5'8.5"
BF:ALOT
Progress: 105%

Elle,

Have you tried this or did you just see the recipe anywhere? Just wondering on what the consistancy should be like and such. If you haven't tried it that is fine too, I guess I will do the experimenting. But was hoping you had some info.
Thanks
Cindy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 16:48
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi guys.
Cindy, if you are hanging out for pizza you should try the "Meatza," (if you haven't already). The recipe is in the recipe forum, I think it's one of Karen's.
I absolutely love it - in fact now I would prefer it to a real pizza.
In case you're not familiar with it, it's a pizza with a meat base. You mix your mince/ground with egg and chopped onion and cook in a hot oven for 10 minutes. You drain off all the liquid, then add your toppings. I use the ones I'd use for any pizza, watered down tomato paste, topped with grated mozzzarella and sliced veg such as mushroom, onion, capsicum/pepper and some slices of pepperoni.
HTH

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 17:05

Plan: Induction
Stats: 63/55/50 Female 174cm
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Sorry Cindy
I haven't tried the pizza base, but I have heard it is really good. I haven't been able to get a hold of any pork rinds unfortunately.