Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-10, 15:40

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 275/256.6/140 Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 14%
Question Holiday Coping Skills

Hi all!

I was just wondering if some of you would share with me your Holiday plans and any coping skills you have for handling the food/friend/family situations that make LC a little more difficult.

For me, my Company's big Holiday party (first weekend after the new year) will be easy--the entrees usually have a good sized portion of meat, and mulitple hot and cold veggies are usually available. I usually have a couple of drinks, and that is the one decision I'm not firm on yet. I'm on Atkins induction..technically alcohol is a no-no.

The one proactive step I did take was to make plans for my mom & dad while they are up for the holidays. Instead of presents, I suggested that we take one evening and go to the Brazilian Steakhouse about 50 miles away. I've never been to one...expensive...but endless meat. So that is how we are all using our "gift" money.

I'm still trying to figure out the Christmas menu.........

And the little "get togethers" with friends/family when you never know what will be served???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-10, 19:48

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

One thing that I've learned, but haven't always put into practice is to always make sure you don't arrive at a holiday gathering hungry. That's difficult to do because sometimes I'm so busy getting ready and making sure all the last minute arrangements are made...especially now that I have two children, that I don't take time to eat. So, but when I'm on plan, I really do try to make sure I'm pretty full before I arrive. That way, I can eat a little of what is acceptable and not have overwhelming cravings for off plan stuff. For me, a real binge trigger is when I get too hungry. Making sure I'm not even hungry when I arrive, although not stuffed ensures that hunger won't drive me to the dessert/snack table. I'm in a much better place to make healthy decisions when I'm in control of my hunger. Best wishes as you develop your holiday plan!