Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 07:11
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/235/200
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Slow but at least I'm going in the right direction.

I bought a good set of balance beam scales. OUCH! My other scales were innacurate to say the least.

I've added 10 lbs. to my original weight as that was the difference I saw between the two scales.

I can't believe how slow this is. This must be a result from the serious swings in weight I have experienced over the past 15 years. (lost and regained 100 lbs three times) My poor metabolism must be in 'crawl' mode.

I'm having to pretty much stay on induction but that's Ok. I'm doing the treadmill every day and drinking 110 oz. of water.

This may not be the fastest way I have lost weight but at least it's working and I am getting to eat a variety of food. On an encouraging note, I am also seeing a reduction in girth as the measurements keep getting smaller.

It's a WOL, it's a WOL, it's a WOL, it's a WOL.....

Cheers,

Paul

Last edited by PaulB : Fri, Apr-12-02 at 10:55.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 08:10

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Talking Yippee!

Great attitude!

Welcome to the best forum around.

Good luck and stick with that WOL! We all know this works.

Julie
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 10:23

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%
Default slow loss

Hey Paul,

You may be losing slowly, but at least you're on the right track and this is a program you can live with even after the weight is lost. I feel so much better healthwise that just that has really been worth changing my lifestyle.

Keep positive and enjoy the results.

cindi
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 10:24
Registered Member

Stats: 285/199/130
BF:
Progress: 55%
Smile New Scales

Hello & Welcome Paul!

I've had physician's balance beam scales for quite some time. The only problem is they're there every single day in the bathroom, taunting me to get on them, at least once, sometimes twice a day.

I feel fine, but am losing at snail's pace. I'm up 3lbs. this week, and hope to break even come Monday. I made a pork roast in Fran McCullough's book and it was WAY too salty, I think some of it is water....or at least I'm hoping.

I'm having a hard time counting calories and eating well at the same time. I don't want to limit my cream to 2-3 TBSP a day, nor can I imagine survivng on 2-3 packs of sweetener. Yet, I'm afraid to try another LC diet because I'm convinced I'll blow up over night. <sigh>

OKAY, I'll stop whining now. Paul, it's just one of those days for me, I think we'll all do great and you can do this, too! Best of luck to you!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 16:18

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Me too

I'v been on Atkins since the 3 week in Feb. and have lost only 14 lbs. Now, I'm not complaining (anymore-too much ). I'm postin because I, too saw an up swing in my scale. 4.5 LBS in TWO days. I was in the process of adding food (been told not consuming enough-I guess 37 is not to late to experience a first). I also consumed too much Merlot one evening, probably sending my metab. into a tailspin. I was a bit put out the the 2nd day I gained, but I realize then, that this is a wol for me. I didn't want to stop. So, I got my sneakers on and went for a power walk. I've given up on the idea of losing weight fast-though it would be nice. I truly appreciate hearing from people who go through plateaus and even wt gains and come through with a positive attitude. Keep it up people. We are here to SUCCEED
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 11:05
Registered Member

Stats: 225/196/135
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Important

The important issue may nit be weight it may be inches, Sometimes we tend to forget inches is a definate measure, much better than the scale, I was thrilled when I slipped into a pair of pants without having to lie in the bed to zip them up....

So check and see if your clothes are looser and hang on...it's going to be a great ride