Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 14:21

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/146/132 Female 5'61/2"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Anyone else feel like this?

Hi,

I actually posted this question in my journal, but that was not really the most efficient place to do it if I wanted an answer, was it?

I've been eating low carb since the middle of January. I've lost 11 of the 15 I want to lose. I KNOW I'm smaller because my clothes are looser, and people have commented on it, and my tape measure says so, but oddly enough, I don't feel that different. I still feel plumper than I want to feel. I actually don't feel much different than when I started. Now I'm starting to think: "Well, maybe 10 more pounds instead of four".

Why is this? Is it because the weight loss is so slow that I'm kind of 'growing into' my new shape? Anybody else feel this way?

Happy but a little perplexed,

Joanna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 14:49

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi Joanna,
CONGRATS on your weight loss and nearly accomplished goals.
WAY TO GO!!!!!!!

I've been LCing since the end of FEB. My stats are far different then yours (Oh, how I wish I started this when I left the 140s many, many moons ago ) Anyway, regardless of my weight, after 1 week of regular exercise I feel much better about my body. I've just been power walking (40', 6x week), but start weights this week. I remember way back when I was were I wanted to be for body weight, I still felt "flabby" unless I was doing some form of exercise.

The added benefits to your well being are enormous. More energy, alertness, emotional stability, burn more/eat more . These are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

I hope this helps. Again, change of life well done!

KT
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 14:59

Plan: LC
Stats: 180/179/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 3%

It's probably because you are used to thinking of yourself in a certain way and it will take a while for your mind to catch up with your body.

Don;t give up

From another Albertan
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 17:46

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 148/146/132 Female 5'61/2"
BF:
Progress: 18%
Talking

Thanks for your replies!

MISSATC, I do exercise. Actually, I do a modified Body for Life, which I've been doing for two years now, but before that I always did something. I really do believe in the value of exercise, for both physical AND mental well-being. I'm not a fanatic, and I'm certainly not perfect (not in Nat's league at all ), but I keep at it because I KNOW it makes a difference. And congratulations to you too for your accomplishments!
Louloo, I'm certainly not gooing to give up! I feel too good eating this way. And congrats to you as well. What part of Alberta are you in? (Is it windy where you are? )

The best thing I think about this WOE is that the weight just comes off, slowly but surely. You just have to have faith. I know I have less to lose than some people on this board, but I think the same thing applies for everyone -- it just might take longer to happen for some than other -- but it WILL happen!

Wonderful stuff!!

Joanna
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 19:35

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

There was an excellent post on this very subject a few months ago. Many of us who were at or near goal wanted to continually adjust to a new goal weight. Im guilty of that too. When I 1st started this WOL I just wanted to get into a pair of jeans I hadnt been able to for a year. After a month I did. Then I thought ok maybe 10 more pounds, I lost that too. And it contined on. It seems for some of us we are most happy when we are losing but once we get to our goal we seem lost and need a new challege. For me I would love to see the scale hit 130 BUT I have added a new challenge to this WOL. I recently quit smoking so I have lots of work just to keep myself from gaining weight and I am starting to do more weights and less aerobics. Im also trying to take the advice of so many wonderful well informed people in here to not worry about the scale but to work more on getting rid of body fat. When a person reaches a healthy weight maybe its time to focus on a new hobby or activity and just enjoy being healthy and well.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 01:53
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is a recently posted article from the Research/Media Watch Forum:

Unrealistic goal for shape change may foil dieters

I just might be part of what you're experienceing.

Karen
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 03:04

Plan: LC
Stats: 180/179/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 3%

In Calgary and yes it is windy here. I think the trees are going to uproot and blow away soon.