Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 16:38
Registered Member

Plan: Calorie control
Stats: 169/150/140 Female 5 ft. 6 in.
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi Gang:

I've been using Maggi seasoning for years now, especially in my salad dressing. I rarely buy salad dressing and usually make a dressing of canola oil with red wine vinnegar and some maggi. Now, I'm thinking that perhaps maggi has loads of hidden carbs. It's made from hydrolyzed peanut and corn protein.

Does anyone know the carbs? I sure hope it's low - but I've got a sinking feeling.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 17:27
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Maggi seasoning --

Netzer's food counts book lists it at 0 carbs, but it could be anything less than 1. USDA doesn't list it at all (after all, it's not MADE in the US). Most soy sauces, which are basically fermented from hydrolyzed wheat and/or soy protein count around 1 carb for a Tbsp (15 ml). So, the Maggi would be similar, I imagine.

You're probably only using a tsp (5 ml) at a time, so go ahead and enjoy! ..

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 18:25
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up

Woo Hoo Doreen - you made my day
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-20-01, 20:26

Plan: Protein Power Plan
Stats: 209/136/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 106%

Debaroo I didn't know where to add this but I just looked at your home page and your dogs are GORGEOUS..!!!I'm a big dog lover and love them so much that I care not to own one right now as hubby and I both work and could NOT bare the thought of leaving them at home alone..Either I would have to quit my job or he would..LOL You are one lucky lady..!!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-21-01, 06:45
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Joanne:

Yes, I am lucky that I can stay at home with my brood . Mine are a full-time job! Well, leaving a dog at home when you work is not all that difficult - it's only when they are puppies that it is hard because they need to have access to some potty area. If you can find a doggy daycare. Dogs sleep a lot, so, when you are at work, they would merely sleep. Having two dogs at the same time helps too. Or if you can get home at lunch, or have a neighbour or someone come by during the day and walk the dog. But thanks for recognizing that they sure need time, energy and lots of love - there's too many poor dogs that are just tied up in the backyard and rarely get a pet or hug (or never).

Hey - I am originally from Iroquois Falls (born and rasied - lived there for 15 years). It was considered a treat to go to Timmins and see a movie and then go to the A&W (on Hwy 101). Timmins was a big city to us :0

Grins,