Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-11-09, 19:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/150 Female 5feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Chrystal Light

Do any of you have an opinion on Chrystal light drinks?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-12-09, 00:10

Plan: Evolving and learning
Stats: 226/144/130 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 85%

They make me thirsty -- thirstier than before I'd had it to drink.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-12-09, 00:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/156.5/150 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 83%

Me too -- thirstier that is.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-12-09, 07:02

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 216.2/207.6/135 Female 5"5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I wont drink them.....I am a water with a hint of lemon drinker. To me Crystal Lite is a franken food.....YUCK! Plus there is tons of data on the web where artifical sweeteners can actually cause cravings and weight gain. No thank you! I already have enough things to overcome without putting more obsticals in the way.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Aug-12-09, 08:43

Plan: Atkins (What Else??)
Stats: 245/143/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 102%

The Crystal Light powder contains aspartame ....since Dr. Atkins advised avoiding that, I do
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-09, 22:18
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/150 Female 5feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Thanx for your replies. Now that I've read the label I see it's all garbage. Guess I'll stick to tea and water!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Aug-16-09, 14:31

Plan: IF
Stats: 219.3/174.8/147 Female 158cm (5ft 2in)
BF:Too much!
Progress: 62%

Chrystal light? never! I wish!

Lol sorry, just couldn't help myself when I saw the thread title... my real name is Chrystal and I wish I could state 'Chrystal is Light'

Woo I am on a high tonight for some odd reason.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 04:52

Plan: My own.
Stats: 308/165/140 Male 175cm / 5"9
BF:

My opinion: Stay away from sugar free gum, diet pops, crystal light, atkins bars and all the other frankenfood. if you MUST, use them as treats occasionally or to knock out bad cravings.

There is no doubt it's better indulging in an atkins bar and crystal light over a bag of crisps - If that's the alternative. (Yep, Old school emotional eater here!)
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 05:19

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Yeah, I usually treat myself to a diet coke if I'm having cravings (especially salty-type cravings), and water isn't cutting it. It seems to calm whatever my tastebuds are wanting.

As far as crystal light, I was ADDICTED to the stuff back in 2007. Seriously, addicted. I probably drank three of those little single serving packets a day... I am now totally sick of them. I can't even look at them any more. Not sure why, I guess I just OD'd. Anyway, I have to credit them with making me drink LOTS of water throughout the day and keeping cravings a bay. I would normally use half a packet for each water, I found an entire packet was way too strong...

Anyway, I'm now kind of weary of crystal light, I'm sure they're not good for you. If you can avoid them, I would probably do so.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-18-09, 05:48

Plan: My own.
Stats: 308/165/140 Male 175cm / 5"9
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyRF
Yeah, I usually treat myself to a diet coke if I'm having cravings (especially salty-type cravings), and water isn't cutting it. It seems to calm whatever my tastebuds are wanting.

As far as crystal light, I was ADDICTED to the stuff back in 2007. Seriously, addicted. I probably drank three of those little single serving packets a day... I am now totally sick of them. I can't even look at them any more. Not sure why, I guess I just OD'd. Anyway, I have to credit them with making me drink LOTS of water throughout the day and keeping cravings a bay. I would normally use half a packet for each water, I found an entire packet was way too strong...

Anyway, I'm now kind of weary of crystal light, I'm sure they're not good for you. If you can avoid them, I would probably do so.

Same experience here. When i started my weight loss journey two years ago and changed ordinary Coke with Coke Zero i was ADDICTED to the stuff.

Cut out all artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols the past month or so, If I eat them now my body let's me know it dosen't agree with my choice - naussea, diarrea, stomach cramps etc.... on the bright side I don't crave them anymore either.

I usually just make some green tea, fill it on bottles and throw them in the fridge. Excellent craving knocker for me