Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 09:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Vitamin time?

I was wondering if there is a optimum time to take vitamins? I am taking the following:

Chromium
Multi-vitamin
Cal-Mag
Potassium
Flax seed oil

I usually take them all in the morning, but would spread throughout the day be better? I think I read the Chromium should NOT be taken with food.... is that correct?

Akiwican
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-21-02, 11:26

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

I believe the only supplements you want to take between meals are amino acids (like l-glutamine, l-arinine, l-carnatine).

Otherwise, they work better (as I understand it) if you make them part of a meal.

If you're taking 2 pills of any one thing, yes, divide them up at morning and evening meals. If, like me, you just take one pill of everything, and if there is no replication, take them all at once, when you're most likely to remember them. If your multi-vit is also a multi-mineral, it likely has calcium, magnesium, potassium, and (tiny bits of) chromium, so it might be better to take all those in the evening.

HTH!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 05:13

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

I fully support what Razzle says. I don't think it matters when you take them, as long as you remember, and do it with meals.

I tend to take my multi vitamin and mineral along with cod liver oil in the evening with my dinner and in the morning have chromium (some also in multivit) and potassium at lunch time (also in multivit). As I keep the latter at work it means I have to remember to take them home at the weekends!!!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-02, 07:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/137/130 Female 65.5
BF:Unknown
Progress: 89%
Cool

Akiwikan,

I split my potassium and magnesium up, taking it in the AM & PM, and I find I feel much better for it. I take udos oil in the AM & PM too. I take my multivitamin with my miday meal. So basically, I take everything at three times throughout the day. If you have a schedule that accomodates it, your body may have a better chance of not expelling what you take this way. Your doing great! Have a great day.

Betsy