Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 02:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Progress: 50%
Angry I'm sick of being this big!

I've had enough of the aches and pains, and the boils and discomfort.

My next meal will be low carb and I will stick to this WOL!

I have to come back!
it's the only thing that really works for me!

The trouble with me is I keep accepting my size, but I get bigger and bigger!

I'm back guys and gals!!

LC_Dave
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 06:47

Stats: 325/299.5/150
BF:
Progress: 15%

Welcome back Dave,

We missed you Remember, we're all going through pretty much the same "food thing", so be strong, and don't forget we are all here for you.

Good luck,

cimart
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 08:51

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Post LC Rules...

Welcome back to the fold!

I know what you mean about "accepting yourself" even as you get larger. I sort of did the same thing, only rather than "accepting myself", I accepted the larger and larger clothes I had to buy and rather than recgonizing what was happening, I accepted the new clothes and sizes and grew completely into them. A then the cycle would begin again. Had my knees practically given out on me at Christmas, I would probably still be buying bigger and bigger clothes and growing into them.

We all wish you success and good health. Just give it a few weeks. You'll be feeling in better in such a short time.

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 13:19
Registered Member

Stats: 340/318/180
BF:
Progress: 14%

Dave,

Welcome back! I'm new to this forum but I must extend a welcome back at any rate! I'm proud that you took this step and decided to put your foot down and get your life started in the right track. It's not easy. That first step is hard, being able to look at yourself and realize, not only that you need to make a change but to START that change, and that first step deserves an applause!

Good job!

I also know what you mean about accepting yourself as you are, even though the sizes are still going up. I kept thinking "well it's what's on the inside that counts, and if people don't like how I look then TOUGH, I should just accept myself the way I am" But, considering how overweight I am, considering that diabetes runs in my family, considering it's the HEALTHY thing to do, not only physically but for your self-esteem, I discarded that way of thinking and put my foot down, as you did. BRAVO

WE CAN DO IT

Welcome back my friend!

Brianna
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 14:04

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Welcome back LC!
It's good to see you realizing what you need to do and committing to it. We all understand...been there too. Getting smaller is really alot more physically comfortable than adjusting to the weight gain. It's so nice to be able to do things more easily, and not be so hindered. Soon you will be sharing your "Sunshine" moments with us and we will rejoice with you as well. Keep going, you can do it! Victoria
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 15:53
Registered Member

Stats: 321/314/175
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi LC Dave,

I am new here too, but want to welcome you back...

I understand what you say about accepting being overweight, and what so many people have said here is true. Accepting the larger clothes sizes, thinking “if they don’t like me tough! It’s their problem.” I think we have all been there done that.

In reality, it is easy to accept it, because then you don’t have to face it. It is kind of like that ostrich with its head in the sand. If I ignore this, it’s not real. I’ll just pretend everything is OK. I’m not sure how many people here feel this way, but not a day goes by that I don’t acknowledge my size. It is TOO big to ignore. I’m fat….I can try to ignore it, but it is always there at the back of my mind making me feel bad. And add to that the guilt of not doing anything about it! It’s just too stressful!

Now, I know that I am fat, but I feel empowered knowing that I can change it. I CAN change it. How much work and how bad do I want it? That is the hard part.

Facing your problems and dealing with them……that is so much more intense than ignoring and pretending that the fat doesn’t exist.

I like food. I don’t like to exercise. I have a thyroid problem. I’m going to have to work very hard at this. But I don’t want to sit back and quietly accept my weight. It is going to ruin my health, and it already affects my ability to participate in activities and it’s terrible for self esteem.

LC Dave, you have taken a big step to come back, and I’m pretty sure we are all in the same boat with you!

Good Luck to us all!!!!!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 18:09

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Thumbs up Hi LC

Hey Bud:

All I have to say is: ITS ABOUT TIME!! You have been missed. I keep looking for you and hoping you would show up.

We are here to help...keep coming back.

Dee
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 21:24

Stats: 473/332/190 Male 75.6
BF:
Talking Thanks Dee & gang!

My fiancee is on this WOL, and she has kinda inspiried me to get back on track.

I keep trying to find reasons for having always been heavy - WOL, genetics etc etc, but as my fiancee says - you may be genetically pre-disposed to gaining the weight - but you are not destined to be this big and have these health problems!
*that struck me as rather earth-shatteringly true*

I guess after all the failures with Low fat and low cal dieting, I've developed this mental resistance to loosing weight.

It's breaking down tho, after trying Atkins and seeing the success!

I'm touched by the support you all give me on the forum, and it is what's keeping me here and on the WOL.

Thanks again

LC_Dave
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-02, 21:40

Stats: 182.6/145/143 Female 178 cm
BF:
Progress: 95%

Go dave!!!

)))

*luv wasabi*