Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 05:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/180/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Unhappy plateaus are hard!!!

someone help! I have been lc'ing on atkins since around new years and have lost 10 lbs, which I am very proud of, but now i am on a major pateau. I now workout about 6-7 times a week for an hour 1/2 a time!!!! I go about 95%! I do running, the eliptical trainer, and lots of cybex machines. I can def see a change in my body and tone. I know that I must be doing something wrong though... What can I do to start up wright loss again????
I need help!!!! I was having eggs and bacon for breakfast everyday and have just switched to a cho. atkins shake, for luch its usually cut cucumbers and sliced cheese, or a small chef salad, dinner is just chicken or steak w/ a salad. I usually snak on peperoni and cheese or nuts, and just recently i have had an occasional carbo-lite bar made w/ splenda. I drink tons of water too, about 100oz! How can I reduce my carbs, or what can I do to continue to lose there has to be a way!!! The losing was keeping me extremly motivated. I havn't cheated once. I have no desire to either.. Desperately seeking hope!!!! girthy
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 06:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 22/22/8
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile

First of all WTG!!on the weightloss! Here is my 2 cents: You are working out and probably gaining muscle (which is good cause muscles eats more calories). Have you been noticing a change in your clothes? Have you measure yourself in the beginning to see if you are loosing inches?

I would also cut the carb bars. That could be doing it too. I would increase the consumption of water. Drink lots of it. I noticed that when I do drink lots of water than I stop my loss also stops. So increase your water intake.

Think of this way what would you rather have gaining weight or staying at the same. You are watching what you eat and are working out so sooner or later it is going to give up the weight. You might just have to do alittle more waiting. But try and do what I suggest.

Also write down EVERYTHING you eat. Even the slightest thing that goes in your mouth you might be forgetting so write it down.

Hope this helps and its my 2 cents. Good luck! We will be watching.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 06:47

Stats: 190/180/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default thanks!

thanks cheryl! It just gets so frustrating when I am working so hard at it!!! I will def do your tips.. Should I cut out nuts too???
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 07:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 22/22/8
BF:
Progress: 23%
Smile

I would. The nuts could have salt which would retain water. I would give up everything you can and go cold turkey till the scales moved.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 07:28

Stats: 315/283/170 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Cool

Hey Girthy!
Congrats on the weightloss!!!

One thing I did notice - are you eating enough calories??? You need to eat at least 10-12 times your body weight in calories. If you haven't used http://www.fitday.com yet, it really helps managing your carbs/protein/fats/calories. I have to use it just to make sure I am keeping my calories up.

Hope this helps!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 07:32
TerrieP

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Me Too

Just so you know, I am in the same boat! I lost 9 lbs initially and started working out 6 days a week (BFL.)

The scale drives me crazy (see my journal), but I know it is muscle because I fit into pants that I could wear 2 years ago. I changed my goal for the initial 12 weeks of BFL from I want to lose 25 pounds to "I WANT TO WEAR MY 14's."

Check your measurements. I have lost inches and lots of them.

Also remember the human body has an amazing self preservation factor in it. Your body, your mind will fight you all the way, so think of it as a challenge.

I too wish the scale would go down, but it will eventually.

Good luck and keep up the good work.