Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 17:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%
Default How do you keep up

I log on here every morning, spend an hour or so reading and posting - but I can only read a small portion of what has been posted.

I check in briefly at lunch time and OMG there is so much new stuff it is unbelievable

I so want to read everything but I just can't do it

How on earth does anyone keep on top of it all and roughly how much time each day do you spend here?

Lesley
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 17:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:

I follow the forum on a daily basis and there are certain threads that interest me or certain posters that interest me so I keep up on them. I rarely visit the journals. At the end of the night sft through the posts looking for those with 0 replies and reply to them if I am able to answer the question.

I rarely watch TV and have no family to attend to so I have created a lot of time for myself for leisure activities like this forum!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 17:42

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%

mmm the old selective viewing technique ay.....good plan

L.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 18:10
Registered Member

Stats: 189/149/135
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default I only read what interests me

Hi, I only read things that grab my interest,,there are some posters that have the same stats as me, and some that experience the same things as me......
Plus, I keep a gym log and a daily menu log for my own benefit
so that when I am stumped I can look things up and get renewed inspiration.

Smiley
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-02, 22:21

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Default I am constantly on this site...

My bf is a computer junky and our computers are in the same room (w/ T1 that definitely helps) so it's easy to sit on my computer. So once I found the site...Oct. 10th at 12:30...and I stayed up until 4 am I turned to the threads instead of buying close that I hoped would fit from online stores. Now it's like every morning and everynight, I sit down to read my sections(General/Atkins and occasional Excerise Forum and Teens)/replies to threads...I think it's between to 2-3 hours a day (probably more). Wow that's a lot. I know I'm not searching through the entire site but...every month, repeat questions come up about the same stuff...so atleast I don't have to read every new thread...oh wait, I forgot my FAVORITE SECTION - RECIPES...I sit in there all the time...searching for dinner ideas or what I have in my frig that can be mixed up into a feast

Erin