Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 21:18

Plan: dr. Atkins
Stats: 156/145/130
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default cheese question

Has cheese been known to stall people during and after Introduction??? This is day 5 of LCing and i havn't lost any weight and the only thing i can think of is the colby cheese that i eat throughout the day. Maybe 3 ounces a day or so. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 21:53

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I think it's early too early for you to even think the word "stall." low carb isn't a quick weight loss, even though some of the hype will let you think that. It's a retraining, and a new way of eating. I don't know your history -- how many diets, regular eating patterns, etc -- but that could have something to do with the fact that your body isn't cooperating and dumping weight as fast as you'd like.

You can always try cutting out, or down, on the cheese and see what happens, but I'd look to water. 3 liters, minimum. See how that does

Good luck -- and welcome.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-12-02, 00:04

Plan: dr. Atkins
Stats: 156/145/130
BF:
Progress: 42%

Thank you very much, maybe it is too early to tell yet about anything. I've cut down on my cheese intake and i'm going to see what happens, thanks
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 11:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/159/132
BF:
Progress: 21%
Janel,

Just make sure you know the carbs in your cheese. I found some colby/jack - 2 different brands, - 1 is listing it as 1 carb, the other brand lists as 0, so who do I believe??? it's the same cheese!

I am going to assume it has 1. I know Atkins says cheese is pretty much free, but 1 piece of string also has a gram, so I suppose they could add up if you are eating alot of cheese. I am trying to limit my cheese, because of that.

Just a thought!
Kathy (i just started too, so I am no expert
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-02, 16:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/400/250
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by schnebbles
I found some colby/jack - 2 different brands, - 1 is listing it as 1 carb, the other brand lists as 0, so who do I believe??? it's the same cheese!

yea, like one brand of bacon has 2 grams carb per serving and the other has 0, which do you think i get??? LOL~!

Sometimes i wonder about these nutrition ratings tho