Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 20:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 224/215/175 Female 5 foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default help!:(

this is my second attempt at atkins. first time around i lost 17 pounds and i must have missed it because i gained it all back. has anyone else been here and had trouble losing in induction? i am in day 8 and nothing lost...i am getting frustrated. do i need to go meat and eggs for a week? or just wait longer? any encouraging words would be appreciated.

Last edited by jd girl : Tue, Mar-27-07 at 20:33.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 20:38
Living Healthy

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 281.4/239.4/145 Female 5'4"
BF:imp/rov/ing
Progress: 31%

Hey jd girl, how about posting a sample menu--it might help identify if there are any problems with what you're eating. I'd wait on the meat and eggs awhile--I have confidence that the program, as designed by Dr. Atkins--will work!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 21:25
Registered Member

BF:

ok - here ya go....

breakfast : scrambled eggs (approx 4)
lunch: salad with 2 tbsp italian dressing - 4 carbs 2 hamb patties
snack: carrots w/1 tbsp peanut butter
supper: shrimp and melted butter, half a chicken breast

drinks: 1 diet mt dew and water - thats it

any thoughts? are the things like salad dressing, even tho low carb, and peanut butter stalling me?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Mar-27-07, 22:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175.0/132.2/135.0 Female 5'6"
BF:less than before!
Progress: 107%

I see you're doing Atkins, but you didn't say if you read the book. If you haven't, I strongly suggest you do. I still use my book quite frequently.

First, carrots and peanut butter are no-no's as far as induction goes. Just eyeballing the food you ate, I would say your calories are far too low. Salad dressing is good to use, but make sure it's a full fat dressing. There are so many out there with 1 carb per tablespoon. The ham could potentially be loaded with sodium and could also contain hidden carbs, I'd watch that too. I would also add a cup of steamed veggies and more fat too.

HTH.

Best wishes to you!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 02:07
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Welcome, Jd girl! I agree with the previous post. If you want to follow Dr. Atkins' plan, then it's very important that you get yourself a copy of one of his books. That's the only way you will have all the information you need to follow it correctly. If you don't follow it correctly, you won't get the results you seem to be looking for. The Meat & Egg Fast probably won't do much to help you. People use it to break out of stalls that have lasted for more than 4 weeks.

Books are available online from Amazon.com and eBay. They are often available at thrift stores and used-book stores, too. When you get your book, read it from cover to cover. There is important information in every chapter!

I think you need to eat more food, and especially more vegetables and more fats. The veggies must come from the lists Dr. A gives in his books. Carrots are not on the list, nor are nuts or nut products of any kind. Eat fresh, whole foods and avoid processed foods as much as you can.

Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 06:51
Registered Member

BF:

ok - thanks for all the suggestions. wow! eat more, ok if i have to! lol! but it looks like i need to throw a few things out. thanks to all! ps it was hamburger patties - my bad.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 08:45

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Hi ID..this is my second time around also. Wish every day I had stuck to my guns and kept up lowcarbing.

Anyway it does seem to take longer for me this time around. Not everyone has that problem. Don't get discouraged over it. It just may take longer this time. As long as you keep your eyes on your goal you will do fine.

This is a great place to meet new friends that are doing the same thing you are and can help you. So please come back. Also if you go to www.fitday.com and put in your foods before you eat them..it will tell you what you are eating in carbs and everything else.

Go to this site for a list of Low carb induction food.
http://lowcarb4life.sugarbane.com/lowcarbfoods.htm

Good luck to you..and you may think about starting a journal on this forum to help you too.

Anna
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 09:10
Registered Member

BF:

oh wow! everyone is so helpful and nice! thank you for these websites, i saved them to my favorites so i can check them out and help make my grocery list and meal plan! just thought i would share...if i can drop 25 pounds i told my husband we could try for that baby! so i better get going!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-28-07, 09:15

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Quote:

if i can drop 25 pounds i told my husband we could try for that baby! so i better get going!!!!

Well then.. good luck to you..happy days ahead.
Anna