Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 18:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/179/135
BF:
Progress: 27%
Talking well......I made it!

I've survived induction!! YAH!!!!! I must say that this was much easier than I had thought. I can honestly say that I have not been hungry this whole time. As close as i can tell (due to scale not functioning properly) I have lost about 15 lbs, which does not make me unhappy. I realize that most of this is water, but it seems as tho when you can see the weight loss quickly, it inspires you to stick to your guns.

I have felt great (after the initial "yuck" feeling) and have developed a new energy, which is great. I think I have the cleanest house in town! My family has been very supportive, husband is following this too, even my 9 year old is reading every label in sight to see how many carbs are in stuff........hey, at least he's reading. LOL

I must say that being able to read this board a couple times a day has helped answer my questions and give me ideas for meals and some of the stories I've read here have been a true inspiration for me. I'm thankful that I've found you all.

Now the only question I have (for today!!) is how in the world do you re-size your picture to post?? I have one, but it's telling me that it's too big.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 19:44
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Welcome and congratulations on your success!

How to resize your picture... easiest is ask your 9 year old to do it.

Unless there is some tool that is part of this web site, you would need some sort of graphics manipulation software I think. This can be very simple and basic and often comes packaged with other stuff, as in a greeting card creating program. Or it can be something major like Adobe Photoshop. I definitely faced a learning curve when learning to resize and otherwise edit graphics files. Good project for your 9-year-old.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-03-02, 19:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%

Bunnystuff. Your 9 year old will probably be able to do it, but if not, you can email it to me and I'll resize it for you. It will take about 30 seconds to do. email addy is webmaster~pixelswebworks.com

Congratulations in the 15 lbs. That ought to keep you motivated for a long time. Who cares if it is mostly water. It's gone and won't be returning, right?
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 07:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: well......I made it!

Quote:
Originally posted by bunnystuff
I have lost about 15 lbs, which does not make me unhappy. I realize that most of this is water, but it seems as tho when you can see the weight loss quickly, it inspires you to stick to your guns.

Fantastic results, Bunnystuff! And although much of those 15 lbs were water, some was yucky evil fat. Now that your body is primed for fat burning you will continue with the fat loss. Keep in mind that a safe fat loss for women a week is 2 lbs - it may seem small compared to the 15lbs you lost in the first few weeks; but it adds up. Slower is better when talking about fat loss - statistically you tend to keep it off when you lose it slow.

So sit back and enjoy the LC journey.

Nat