Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/general
Stats: 178/170/150 Female 60"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default cayenne

Has anyone else taken cayenne pills??? I've heard they can help rev metabolism. I took one this morning and knew when it exploded! Sneezed my head off!

Oh, and let me tell you, you all have been such an inspiration to me, I can't wait to log on everyday to see what's up!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 13:38

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Julie, I have never tried cayenne, but I can point you in the direction of some information you may want to read

Cayenne

Quote:
As a thermogenic aid to increase metabolism, cayenne may have some modest effects at very high doses (3 grams or more), but these effects are small and the risk of gastrointestinal side effects (heartburn) is high.

This information comes from an impartial site that I have been using for months - you may like to refer to it for other things

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 13:56
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Nan. That's a very informative site. I think I'll ditch the pepper pills, I don't want to have to take Rolaids to put out the fire.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 15:35

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

jules, this may be more information about me than you wanna know , but I took cayenne for a few weeks. I have a rock-iron stomach but did feel a bit of indigestion once or twice; the truly amazing result was the diarrhea. No increased weight loss at all. But now they're on my shelf as a natural constipation relief, and I've recommended them to others (only folks without upper GI disturbances) as a herbal treatment for that.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-02, 11:57
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Raz, it wasn't so much the indigestion, just the burning, and i don't mean my stomach! They had to go.