Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:43

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Question September Challenge...5 to 8 pound loss anyone?

Hi friends!
I've never done a "Challenge" before, and I see there's a good one already posted. I wish them well on that post.

However, because I have a lot more to lose (have lost 31 so far, need 40 more to go), I want to do this slowly and safely.

My goal is to lose 1-2 pounds a week, which is safely recommended. Over the longrun it should all add up and stay off!

Is anyone in this with me? I'm not chicken, not afraid to lose 10#, but for me that is too unrealistic.

Here's a little joke for y'all... Wife: Why are you sucking in your stomach when you weigh yourself? It doesn't help, you know.
Husband: It sure does! I can see the scale!

Blessings, Annie-Pie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 11:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/237/149 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Dear Annie,

Count me in. I saw that post and also wish them well, but didn't want to make myself nuts. I am doing the 100 mile challenge already. Don't want to get discouraged if the goals are too high. Had my daughter hide the scale last night. I'm becoming obsessed with it. Was getting on it 6-8 times a day. Totally agree with you that its better to be consistent then do lose fast. Blessings, Maureen
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 14:28

BF:

Welcome, Maureen!
Yes I agree that losing weight slowly will be easier for us. If we lose more, well, then, great! But if we set our goals on about 5 pounds a month, then we're basically sticking faithfully to LC'ing.

I also obsess with the digital scale, but we wonder if the battery is lower...keeps showing me gaining lots! And my clothes haven't been this small in 3 years. For me, it's a little game because I realize the scale is one minute part of gauging weight loss.

God bless you this day, it is just full of his promises...a new present to be opened up !

Hugs, Annie
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 10:01

Plan: Atkins, protein power
Stats: 210/201.2/140 Female 54
BF:
Progress: 13%

Count me in as well, I have about 50 + pounds to lose, and once I lose it I want it to remain lost lol.

My name is Chyna nice to meet you all.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 11:10

BF:

Hi Chyna,

What a beautiful name. It would be so great to lose the weight and keep it off! Where in IL do you live. My inlaws are in St. Charles. Glad you joined the challenge.

Annie, Hope your doing well and having a blessed day.

I am finding it more difficult not getting on the scale then I am staying cheat free. Also trying to rely on God for the strength not to be discouraged. My clothes don't feel any different either. But I'm reminded of when Peter asked "Lord what about John" he answered "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?" He has different plans for each of us and it is in his glorious time. Blessings, Maureen
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 11:51

BF:
Default Hi Chyna and Maureen!

Hi friends! Thanks, Chyna for joining us. I love the fact that we have each other to be accountable with. My hubby asked me last night what I was doing, and I said, "Talking with my support group." It is SO important! (And noe $12 a week fees)!

Maureen thanks for the reminder that we need to be concerned with our own selves. I needed that. It is easy to see others losing faster. Becca replied to me last night and totally encouraged me. She had stayed stuck at 150 for the longest time. But she didn't give up. So I need to stay with it too.

I don't know where the 5# came from, but I have put it on the profile now.

Chyna, you have a pretty name, never heard of it! Tell us about it please?

Enjoy your day...it is supposed to be 88 here today. All the clothes are on the line and there is a nice cool breeze. So much to be thankful for.
Annie
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 12:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 260/250/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 10%

I'll join you guys, I had been losing about 2 pounds a week but for the past month its been more like 1 pound so I think 5 pounds is reasonable (6 would get me into a new first digit) but I'll keep track with you guys.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 12:22

BF:

There's nothin' "FISHY" about this: We are here to lose!

So away we go, and together we will see those numbers drop!

Welcome Fishie and I hope you don't mind the play on your name. Just couldn't pass it up! LOL
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 18:08

BF:

Dear Fishie,

Welcome. You're are doing such an awesome job. Keep up the great job. Blessings, Maureen
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 18:36

BF:

Whoa Fishie...how did you lose so well? Any tips for us? Did you get into any stalls like what I am experiencing right now? Way to go! Your stats are impressive and you must feel/look so good!

Annie-Pie
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-03, 23:13

BF:

Let's be honest...
Do any of you have a hard time fitting in your 3 cups of veggies each day?

I love 'em, but it is just so hard to eat them with this heat we're having. No appetite!

Any suggestions?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 09:55

Plan: Atkins, protein power
Stats: 210/201.2/140 Female 54
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi everyone I'm just checking in and thanks to everyone for welcoming me. This is my 3rd day <I started 9/2> so I may be behind you guys. As far as the three cups of veggies, I don't measure what I eat <I know bad! bad!> . I bought the prepackaged salad and yesterday I just ate a handful. Sometimes I'm sure that I go over my daily allottment and some days I'm sure I don't eat enough veggies but I am not overly concerned with that. It's just great to me that I have been able to stick with it for what will be my 3rd day lol. I'm a daily weigher as well and I need to stay off of the scale. I have 3 of them lined up in a row and they all give me different weights but when I put my 10 lb dumbbell on them they are accurate...imagine that. Anyway, I'm not really feeling too great today because it is that time of the month UUUGH!!!! but I did use my Keto sticks today and they were dark purple <doing happy dance>
I have been drinking my water <and running to the bathroom every minute as well> but I haven't done any exercising. I will start that next week. What is everyone else doing as far as workouts and do you find that it has sped up your weightloss?

Hope you ladies have a wonderful atkins day!!

Chy
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 16:04

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 175/159.6/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

You can count me in too. I would like to lose another 5 lbs this month. I lost one so far...LOL! My problem is that I do well during the week and then on the weekends, I eat too many carbs and then I spend the week low carbing to take it off again. It's been a viscious cycle for me for months. My challenge for me will be making it totally on plan over the weekend. At least I'm maintaining the weight I did lose!! Ha, Ha
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 16:06

Stats: 175/159.6/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I usually eat a large salad every day if the meal does not contain any veggies in it. There is easily 3 cups of lettuce in my salads. I have been eating stuff cabbage all week, so if I eat 3 of them, then I'm sure I'm getting 3 servings..
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 16:59

Stats: 175/154/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi, please count me in for this challenge! I don't have time to chit chat now, because I need to run to Walmart to get school supplies for my son - due tomorrow... found out TODAY... grrrrrrrr...

Good luck to you all... talk to you later!