Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 16:09

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 275/270/175
BF:
Progress: 5%
Cool Yet another new member . . .

Greetings, folks!

So, here I am, embarking on yet another weight loss regimen, wondering whether or not this one will work and actually allow me to maintain a lifestyle that bear some resemblence to "normal." None of the others I've tried have worked in that regard, but I just have a good feeling about this one.

I'm trying the Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program. I've been on it a week, and so far the claims are true: my craving for sweets and junk has significantly diminished, I feel more energetic, and I can honestly say it feels relatively normal.

I was skinny all my life -- I'm 5'9.5" tall, and I weighed 119 when I got married (30 years ago). At one point, in the early 1980s, I got a little heavy (165), so went on the Atkins Diet in its first incarnation -- and ended up in the emergency room. Exercise and counting calories got me back down to 135, which I was able to maintain.

I divorced in 1986, but still managed to keep my weight more or less under control through exercise (walking). After I quit smoking in 1992, I gained a LOT of weight over a 10-year period until I reached 280 last fall. During that same 10-year period, I tried a lot of different approaches to weight loss, but found none of them really accommodated my rather hectic lifestyle and most of them required changes that simply could not be sustained long term.

After reading some material on carbohydrate addiction, I felt it totally described my own experience, soooooo ..... I'm giving this a try.

I tend to "lurk" more than anything. I'm currently living in Kenmore, WA, and work for a large dot-com retailer as a database designer. I share my home with two recently-acquired Devon Rex kittens (they're currently 14 weeks old). In my "spare" time, I sing -- opera and some musical theater. I also *love* to cook, and collect cookbooks (I have around 2300 or so right now).

I'm looking forward to reading more about the program and others' success with it.

Cheers!

LanaM
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-02, 19:59
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237/217/160
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Just don't give up!!!!

So you have gained some weight - you can take it off. I am one that tends to stress eat - so, I decided to totally change my way of life when it comes to food. At first I felt really bad being on this diet, but I am bound and determined to beat it and loose the weight. You know what? You can too.

Best wishes!!!