Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 08:41
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile How much water do you drink everyday

I thought i would put this thread up for alot of the new people so they can see about how much water we all drink everyday. I drink about 5-7 liters a day.I have a 1 liter water bottle i keep refilling all day long..if i go to the store i take it with me,to the movies,paying bills everywhere.and when i go on my walks i take a small bottle.when i go out to eat i always get water with lemon in it and drink tons of it while i'm there
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 08:51

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I average 6 litres a day; any less and I just don't feel right. This doesnt include the 3 or 4 perriers or soda waters (low sodium) that I'll have with some lemon. There are water bottles all over my house and a few around my desk at work. I think I personally go through one of the 18 litre water cooler bottles a week here at the office.
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 09:17

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Good grief! I feel virtuous if I manage 2 litres! I'm working on getting up to three this week.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 09:23

Plan: Don't know
Stats: 260.2/254.2/150 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 5%

I'm terrible. I drink 2-4L/day during the week and .5L on the weekend
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 09:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

As much as I can tolerate. Sometimes that is 80 ounces sometimes 40. Never been a great water lover - so every ounce is still a struggle. Do tend to lose more when I drink more, so I make a conscious effort to drink it.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 11:49
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Wow

I drink 2-4 liters but I'll tell you, I slosh when I drink 4 and I don't eat much which isn't good either.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 12:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%

I only drink about 1 large glass of water a day.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 12:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

When I started Atkins I was only drinking about 3-4 glasses a day. For the last 2 months I ahve been getting between 3-4 litres a day. I cant drink anymore because if I did I wouldnt see anything else BUT the bathroom...lol
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 12:39

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

I adore water and drink about 6 L of either water or weak herbal tea (which counts as water in my book)every day, sometimes more when I'm exercising and/or it's summer. I may just be orally fixated or something, but I love having that bottle of water right next to me all the time.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 13:40

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

I wasn't drinking enough, but I'm up to about 3 or 4 litres per day. I keep going to the water fountain in the hall and filling a really big cup, then I continuously fill my drinking cup from that (my workplace is rural and we have spring fed water with our own filter house (no chemicals, clean water); stuff tastes great!

I'm going to try to drink even a little more, as I feel that is one of the reasons my weight loss is slowed down - I wasn't paying attention to my drinking, and was playing around too much with "mock" sweet foods

Sh'ra
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 13:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

I have heard from many people say that once they start drinking lots of water they crave it.or like razzle says become "orally fixated" with it...lol What i cant believe is that I will drink 4 liters during the day. I cut down in the evening for obvious reasons however if I havent had any for 2 hrs I get so thirsty. Now how on earth can I be dehydrated if I have been drinking it all day?
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 13:56

Plan: Predominantly Atkins
Stats: 320/260/145
BF:
Progress: 34%

I've noticed that, too. Since I've begun drinking more, I feel "dry and dehydrated" quicker when I'm not drinking it. Wierd.

And, my skin is looking better. I have rosacea, which makes my cheeks and nose look like I've been out in a cold wind usually, but it has faded a lot in the past few days, so I'm wearing less make-up to hide it
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-11-01, 15:06

Plan: pp
Stats: 149/136/125
BF:
Progress: 54%
Smile

I too drink between 4-5liters of water a day and find that if I go out to run errands and have forgotten to take my water bottle with me, I get very thirsty. I don't know how I was surviving on a few glasses a day before lcing. My body must be getting use to the extra water also because now I can make it 10 miles down the road without stopping somewhere to pee.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 05:45
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Talking

to be honest all i used to drink was sodas and now even if i try one they make me i'll they are way too sweeet and thats the diet kinds....now i'm addicted to water i even have a bottle by my bed at night
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-12-01, 08:30

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 209.9/206.6/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

I would have to say I'm averaging 3 - 4 liters per day - I fill a small Coleman cooler that holds a gallon with ice and water in the morning - take it to work with me and use that to refill my water bottle during the day - otherwise I keep saying I'll run to the lunchroom to get more and I never do - get distracted or busy - but with is here, it's so easy! (Now if can only find a way to spend less time in the bathroom!

Drinking all this water has made it easier to start giving up my Diet Pepsi - 'cuz that's all I lived on before starting lc'ing - but now I probably only have 3 a day - before it was at least double that. But if I go off it too quickly I have the caffeine withdrawal headache!!!!