Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 08:59

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Let's talk HOLIDAYS.

Hi!

The holidays are coming quickly ---- let's share ideas and suggestions for being prepared, handling the nasty inner desires
and what you will be serving..... Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 09:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/132/125
BF:
Progress: 83%

Oh lord - i can feel myself weakening already. I've never been much of a sweet eat (more bread and chips) but all I can think about as far as Christmas goes are the wonderful sugar cut out cookies I make every year. So, don't ask me . I'm all for strategies though! Let's hear 'em!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Dec-07-01, 10:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%

Well people Im sure many will cringe when they read this..LOL But I have actually made a dozen squares, cookies for my family. Yup full carb. I will be given lots of it away as gifts too. The thing is I feel confident that I can leave them alone. I will be soon making special treats just for me like cookies, chocolates and pumpkin cheese cake. I have been low-carbing now for over 8 months and I feel so good right now that I will not let food be my main concern over the holiday season. I remember yrs past that after dinner...because I stuffed myelf with the dressing, potaoes and a horde of desserts I litterally had to sleep for a couple hrs. I am looking forward in actually playing the after dinner games this yr..lol Now having said all that.....I am human [easily tempted] and I have more than 3 weeks to go before this festive season is over so I will let U know if I stuck to my guns..lol