Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 16:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/305/175 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Anyone still here from Rochester, NY area???

I just looked at the Rochester NY thread and it looked like only one person was still active on the site from the area!!

Is there anyone else out there?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 06:08
MIKENYPD

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Nyc

Iam not in Rochester Iam in NYC but would love a buddy and someone to motivate and help motivate me .....if ya want ....
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-26-07, 20:40

BF:

Thanks... that would be great!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-31-07, 17:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/174/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Bailey !!

Rochesterian here !!! -

us New Yorkers will have to motivate each other

are you just starting LC ?? - i started for the 2nd time last Friday -

Good Luck
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-02-07, 21:53

BF:

I am on day 15 of the plan... doin good so far. And you???? I am so glad that there is someone else from Rochester here!!! I was beginning to think I was all alone! *sniff*

Good luck to you too!!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 10:14
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Bailey,

i'm on day # 12 - getting bored with the same old food and starting to browse thru this forum's recipes for ideas -

got a sit down job and i'm getting really bored at work too, not a busy time - we got bagels and a b'day cake here today - i'm being really really good walking by it - but really wish it to disappear -choco cake my weakness

do you belong to any gym here ? - i'm thinking of joining planet fitness - its inexpensive and looks pretty decent
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-03-07, 19:34

BF:

As a matter of fact I belong to Planet Fitness. I love it!!! It is so close to my house and the hours are great!! I highly recommend it!!

I just got some great recipe books from the library. I found one that has dessert recipes with 4 - 7 net carb servings. I will let you know if they are any good!!

Sorry about the sit down job. Working in education means that I get spring break next week!! I can not tell you how much I need it. Students are ready too!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 08:55
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Bailey,

okay, I gotta be careful on how i put this since this forum is open to everyone in the world - but when you mentioned the gym was by your house get this one - if your talking about the i believe only gym in the city and its in a small plaza in the north side of rochester - we are somewhat neighbors - i also live 3-4 minutes from there as well

now how cool is that ....
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-07, 09:54

BF:

Yep... that's the one. I live behind that lovely plaza that may be taken over by Walmart!!!

How weird that we are neighbors!!

I do recommend the gym... it is great!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 07:46
Registered Member

BF:

Bailey,

how are you doing on LCing ?? You should start a journal.

Do you think this week will be harder since your off from work ?
I find being at work is much easier - more of a routine, i actually walked by choco cake and bagels the other day without caving in - i was pretty proud, went and hit in my cave a/k/a workspace - in a corner where i'm left alone - i sit there and drink about 7-8 16 oz containers of water.

Okay, i'm home is backed up to the parkway - but i know exactly where your at. Lets hope the new Wegmans going up has some great bakery department with lc options - my husband goes to tim hortons every sat/sun for the kids (some sort of weekend tradition) and i'm dying because i can't eat my fruit explosion muffins anymore
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-07, 21:42

BF:

I am doing pretty good on LC... and you? I know that I should start a journal. Maybe I will this week.

I actually think that it is easier for me to lc at home. I am able to take the time to make low-carb meals and luckily I don't have a problem resisting sweets. I have never really had too many cravings for sweets. My problem is with pasta and rice!! The other problem I have is that at home I don't seem to drink enough water. At work I have no problem.

It will be interesting to see what the new Wegmans has to offer. I doubt they will have lc treats though. I had planned to make a lc cake for dessert tonight, but I just didn't have time after preparing the other items. I will let you know how it is when I try it.

I have lots going on this week so that should help my lc diet. My daughter has swimming every morning. I am cleaning my carpets tomorrow afternoon (time to get rid of the winter grime) and then on Wednesday I will have 10 girl scouts overnight at my house. We will be making cut out cookies to frost and decorate so that may be a challenge... I love those!

Have a great Monday!!!
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Apr-16-07, 16:54

BF:

Hey Hockeymom... you still out there? I hope everything is going well.

What about this horrible weather we are having??? The east side definitely got it worse than us. I had a hard time getting home from work.

So did you join the gym??
  #13   ^
Old Thu, May-10-07, 20:03
greenshamr

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

I'm currently overseas but will be returning to Western NY this summer!