Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 04:25

Plan: None
Stats: -/-/- Female 175
BF:
Progress:
Default Anyone here on Lunesta?

Due to Prolonged obstruction in my sleep, I had to take to the drug Lunesta by the doctor however he has not necessarily asked me to stop its use after a week or so, which I generally know, is the schedule course of such drugs. Can anyone pursuing the same drug guide me in this regard?

Last edited by tina2 : Sun, Aug-07-05 at 04:28. Reason: spelling mistake
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-07-05, 07:21
7 yrs and counting!

Plan: Vegan/Crossfit
Stats: 285/212/199 Female 5'7
BF:33.4%
Progress: 85%

I wish i could help you...i personally take sonata (among about 6 other pills prior to bedtime to help me sleep). I've heard that lunesta is "non-habit forming"....which basically means it has no narcotics in it....but doesn't necessarily mean that it isn't going to cause problems if used for too long of a time period. I'd ask the doctor about this....most likely...with such drugs...he'll just have you cut back you're dose until you no longer need it anymore. Goodluck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-08-05, 11:01

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Call the office

Could be that he's simply not used to patients WANTING to get off drugs and didn't think of it. In all the doctor's offices that have me as a patient, one of the options on the answering maching is "leave a message for the nurse." They'll either be able to answer the problem or will talk to the doctor and call you back.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-14-05, 06:08
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: -/-/- Male 167
BF:
Progress:

Of course, though you are right that other such medications are offered for a limited period of time but the Lunesta drug which comes under the group of eszopiclone has been studied and approved only for long term administration maybe following the prevailing conditions. So it is absolutely normal on the part of your doctor to recommend you for continual persuasion of the said medication.