Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 09:08

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%
Cool Looking for support and direction

New at this forum. Have been in weight loss mode for 30 years I think!! Trying to stay focused on1 program and have chosen low carb since I love cheese so much. If anyone has comments on how I can deal with the following I would be grateful:

I follow program for a full week, the scales move down, and then I have a ligit meal but perhaps more than a usual portion, and then I am up 5 pounds in one night....WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME? then I spend the next week losing what I lost the week before......HELP??!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 10:49

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Misselly and welcome to the forum

Weight loss rarely is a straight progressiong downward, just as it wasnt one up ward. You tend to lose in fits and starts. I tend to lose and then fluctuate between my old low and the new low for a few days before I actually hit the new one for good. And 5 lbs cannot be gained overnight, just as it can't be lost. It could be that you're not eating enough (general rule for healthy loss is 10 - 12 x your body weight in calories every day); that you're getting some hidden carbs or that you're not drinking enough water. what it sounds like your body is doing is holding onto water for any or all of those reasons.

Are you drinking the required 64oz a day + 8 for every 25lbs you want to lose? This will really help with the loss if you're not doing so already. And be kind to yourself, you've already lost 30 lbs! Obviously LC is working for you

IF you'd like to start up a Journal in the "bootcamp" section of the forum and list what you've beeneating and drinking and the quantities we would be better able to offer advice.

Cheers,
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 11:44

Plan: atkins/No Dairy
Stats: 194/148/134
BF:
Progress: 77%

nat...thanks so much for your comments....do you try to stay within a calorie limit when you are on low carbs???? that is interesting...thot we could "eat all you want".
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-17-01, 12:07
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

The 10 - 12 x is your minimum daily requirement. LC'ers have a tendency to undereat because ketosis supresses your appetite.

You can eat until you're satisfied with LC, but pigging-out is not a good thing.

Karen