Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 00:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/213/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Smile another newbie saying Hi!

Hi all!

Well, let me introduce myself. My name is Lori, and I need as much support as I can get to continue on this low carbing way of life. Im into my 4th week and Ive hit my first plateau already. GRRRRRR
Anyways, I havent lost a whole ton, unlike when I have started the diet the many times before, but i am trying really hard to be patient.
I could use all the help I can get right now, as losing weight is quite imparitive to my health.. and well... to the fact that i turn 30!!!!! in about 6 weeks... Id like to be down at least 10 lbs by then.. and hopefully 15 before new years......
do you think i can get to these goals??? with your help?????
Lets give it a shot anyways......

ta ta for now.....
your LCing friend..
Lainbc
(lori)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 01:10
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 132/122/100 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Smile Hello Nice to meet you

wow Lori,..you seem to have started off your new WOL very well... i know i can do as well as you!!

i read your profile and you say your a hairdresser...cool i'm a hairdresser too...i know what its like eatting on the run inbetween customers and customers bring great munchies at holidays

keep up your hard work cant wait to read about your next 4 weeks..
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 06:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145?/131/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:
Default goals

Hi and welcome to the lowcarb forum. Goals are great, but don't let your goals ever be so unrealistic that they are a disappointment. (I"m not saying your goals are unrealistic either!)

I'm sure with your determination you'll be able to come close if you don't make it!!

If you haven't started a journal yet, that's a good way to follow your progress, and if you start to go off track, you can catch it sooner.

Good luck.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-01, 14:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default Welcome

Hi Lori! This is a great place for info and support. Its great to set goals on the other hand dont get too down about not reaching them. One thing I have done is tried to plan my next days meals, that way when I am hungry I already know what I will have..LOL it may sound boring but it works for me. I saw U recently had back surgery, Im sorry and it does but a damper on your life for the moment..BUT, when U have your docs approval may I suggest doing some water aerobics? They will cause less strain on your back.