Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-04, 20:52

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 23%
Question New BFLer

Hey every one. I just started my 1st Challenge today.
Looking forward to transform my body. I have been doing the CAD and I am doing pretty good on it, however I am unable to eat 6 meals per day because of it.
I tried switching to Atkins and started gaining almost all the weight I had lost on the CAD back. So now I am in the Process of trying to lose it again. Well another thing that didn't help was my binge on Alcohol over the weekend which of course gave me the munchies. So here I am trying to see if there are others out there that are on the CAD and sucessfully finished a challenge.
Looking forward to getting some feedback here.

Also, for tomorrow (my Cardio session) would it be ok to do the WATP video for it? Or should I try to go out jogging instead? I don't have access to a gym or any machines like steppers or bicycles and I was hoping I wouldn't have to run outside since I have just hills around me and had a prior Knee Injury that keeps me from running up and down hills.

Thanks everyone for the feedback
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-28-04, 09:56
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

Welcome Miez....

Congrats on starting your first challenge!

I do BFL by the book, eating my six meals a day and have really liked it. I'm not sure how your different eating pattern may effect BFL but I know that others do modified LC BFL so I'd say go for it!

As for your cardio.... I think any form of cardio will do the trick as long as it will allow you to do HIIT. I've never used the WATP video so I can't help you there. I do my running on a treadmill and every two minutes I take it up to a run for a full minute. You should be pushing yourself hard by the time you get to the end of your 20-min cardio. I'm usually sweating and gasping for breath.

Stop by my journal anytime if you're looking for inspiration on BFL - the program has done wonders for me!

Kiks
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 08:01

Plan: LFL (was doing atkins)
Stats: 195/195/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default New Too

Hi, I too have been doing atkins and thought I might give BFL a try......would you all be interested in buddying up to keep each motivated???

I don't really know a whole lot yet about BFL so any help would be great....I am going to try to get the book this week......

Where are you from? I live in Western Massachusetts.

I would like to lose 35lbs .....
I am trying to lose 15lbs by Halloween.......
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 11:14
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I'd be happy to be a bfl buddy!

It really helped me to have a friend introduce me to bfl and keep me on track. If I didn't show up at his house for my workout I got a phone call!

It would be best to buy the book and read it... a lot of the book is inspirational stories. But the guts where Bill Philips talks about the program is great...

I live in the Detroit Metro area...

I know that 35 lbs is do-able. Since I've been on bfl I've dropped 37 lbs. It hasn't happened overnight but the chagne in my body shape is pretty incredible!

Anytime you have a question I'll do my best to answer!
Kiks
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-04, 16:11
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Walk Away the Pounds videos are not the right kind of cardio to do for Body For Life. The description of 20 Minute Aerobic Solution is written in the book. There is probably a post around here that describes it as well. You can do it outside, walking, jogging, running and running full out or up an incline.

Beth
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-12-04, 17:22
Registered Member

Plan: Very Low Carb/ME
Stats: 155/140.2/115 Female 5ft 2in
BF:?
Progress: 37%

Hi I am having a slight issue. Ive been following a very lc woe for almost 2 years and lost 35lbs.. I just recently started my first bfl challenge(in week 3) and have gained 6lbs. I'm still eating very lc but I'm craving carbs more than ever. Any ideas would be helpfull. I also live in the metro Detroit area. Would love to have a bfl buddy.
Amy
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-13-04, 03:56
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Lifting weights cause your muscles to retain water while they heal. Pay no attention to the scale. If your clothes start getting tight you might need to look at your food plan.

For carb cravings there are some suggestions. The L-Glutamine you can use to prevent muscle soreness can go a long way to prevent carb cravings. The would be the 5 grams spoonful, not the 500 mg pills. Chromium piccolinate is also a great supplement, one pill of 400 mcg per day and for some strange reason, no cravings.

There are also some yummy meals you can make if you combine protein powder, I like chocolate Designer Whey with either riccotta cheese or yogurt. Just like dessert.

I did 9 weeks of BFL. I'll be starting again when there's light out in the morning to run by and little to no snow, probably Marchish.

Beth